- Finance This NBFC Stock Can Fetch You 23% Return, Building Robust Newer Product Lines: Motilal Oswal
- Technology OnePlus Nord Buds, Bullet Wireless Z2 New Color Variants Coming Alongside Nord 2T
- Movies Cobra's Satellite And Digital Streaming Rights: Everything You Need To Know About Vikram's Film
- Sports Women’s Hockey World Cup Winners List: Champions, Runners Up and Third-Place Teams From 1974 To 2018
- Automobiles Pune Man Comes Up With ‘Unique’ Solution To Beat The Heat Inside Car - Cow Dung Wrap
- News Delhi woman duped of Rs 20 crore, accused nabbed
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
- Education AP EAPCET EAMCET 2022 Admit Card Released: Hall Ticket at cets.apsche.ap.gov.in & Know Exam Day Guidelines
Serum Institute of India has urged the Union government to include Covovax in the National COVID-19 Vaccination programme for inoculating those aged 12 years and above, official sources said on Tuesday, March 15. The Pune-based SII said it wants to provide Covovax to private hospitals at Rs 900 per dose plus GST and is also waiting for directions to supply the vaccine to the Centre but has not mentioned the price.
India's drug regulator had granted restricted emergency use authorisation to Covovax for the 12 to 17 years age group subject to certain conditions on March 9 and for 18 years and above on December 28.
In a letter to Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs at SII Prakash Kumar Singh said private companies, educational institutes, social organizations, Central government organizations and Public sector undertakings are making requests for Covovax to inoculate their staffers, families and children, an official source said.
Singh is also learnt to have stated that the Pune-based firm has decided the price of Covovax for supply to private hospitals at the rate of Rs 900 plus GST per dose.
"Also, we are waiting for your kind direction for supplies of our Covovax vaccine to the Government of India," Singh mentioned in his letter.
"Under the visionary leadership of our CEO Adar C Poonawalla, we have developed, manufactured and obtained emergency use authorization from our national regulatory authority for one more world-class COVID-19 vaccine Covovax for 18 years and above on December 28, and for children in the age group of 12 to 17 years on March 9, 2022," an official source quoted Singh as having said in the letter.
He has also requested necessary changes on the CoWin portal for the addition of the Covovax vaccine to inoculate people.
The COVID vaccination for children in the age group of 12 to 14 years will begin from Wednesday. The vaccine to be given to this age group would be Corbevax manufactured by Hyderabad-based Biological E. Limited.
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Emergency Approval For SII's Covovax For 7-11 Year Olds
- kidsDCGI Panel To Review On Friday SII Applications For Covovax’s Use Among Kids Aged 2-7 Yrs, 7-11 Yrs
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India
- wellnessDCGI Grants Emergency Use Authorisation To Covovax For 12-17 Years Age Group; Younger Age Groups To Follow
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Permission For Phase-3 Trial Of Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- wellnessSII Seeks Permission For Phase-3 Study Of Covid Vaccine Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- healthIndia-US Healthcare Collaboration In Spotlight As India Approves Two More Covid-19 Vaccines
- healthCovovax Better Booster For Covishield-Vaccinated People: Dr Shahid Jameel, Virologist
- wellnessCovovax: Everything You Need To Know About The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For India
- healthCovovax Approval To Strengthen Immunisation Efforts In India, Lower & Middle-Income Countries: SII
- healthPanel Recommends EUA For Covid-19 Vaccines Covovax, Corbevax And Anti-Covid Pill Molnupiravir
- healthSerum Institute CEO Hails WHO's Approval Of Covovax For Emergency Use