- 47 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Child rearing and taking care of the home has traditionally been a mother's job. But the times are changing. Today, fathers are coming forward to pitch in and take just as much effort into the family and caring for the child as the mothers. There are some dads who defy the traditional notion and choose to become full-time fathers.
The reason behind this may be many. The nuclear families that are seen in plenty today may be one of the reasons. When there are just two people to take care of the family, the father naturally comes forward to do his share. The other reason might be that the mothers of today are increasingly taking up jobs, necessitating the fathers to fill the space.
No matter what the reason is, a father is always integral to a child's physical and mental well-being. There may be times when dads may feel that they are dispensable. After all, the mother provides most of the care and nutrition to the child. Often, the child too clings to the mother for comfort. But don't fret, dear fathers, as you too matter a lot.
This Father's Day, we have put together a list which will tell you that you are irreplaceable in your child's life.
Your Baby Has Your Genes.
No one can deny the fact that your children will always be a part of you. A father owes a part of his genes to his children. The child will look like his father and behave like him in a lot of ways.
You Are Your Baby's Most Favourite Person (Other Than The Mom, Of Course)
It is you who tucks him into the bed. It is you who tickles him endlessly and makes him laugh. It is you who lets him ride on your shoulders. All these moments will remain with him. He will cherish all these times all his life.
You Are Important To Your Partner Too
Research shows that when women have a supportive partner, they have a smoother delivery and breastfeeding experience. The chances of the moms suffering from postpartum depression is less too if the father is loving and caring. So, your presence will help mom take care of the baby better. She will also be healthier.
Your Closeness Will Make Your Child More Intelligent
Science has proved that a good relationship between the father and child causes the child to have a higher IQ. They have better social skills and do better at the examinations at school.
Being A Good Dad Will Help Your Child's Mental Health
A child who has had a caring and loving dad is less likely to suffer from mental illnesses. The bond between the father and the child is considered to be a predicting factor of any long-term illness.
Your Daughters Have A Great Role Model
If you take a look at the list of the most successful women in the world, you will find that they all had supportive fathers in common. Being a good dad will make sure that you make a great role model for your daughter. You will make your daughter strong and independent.
Your Love Will Make Your Child Be Confident
If you are a great father to your child, you will make sure that your child is confident in all walks of life. He will have more self-esteem and will be better equipped to deal with the hardships of life.
You Help Your Child Face Life As It Comes
When you have a special bond with your child, you make sure that your child is prepared for life. A child is less likely to have a criminal record if he has had a good relationship with his father, as noted by a study. The child is also more likely to have a functional and happy life if he is supported and cared for by his dad.