- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 12 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Is ketchup healthy or unhealthy? Toasts, bread, salads, fries or even burgers are tasteless without tomato ketchup! Dip those foods in a cup of ketchup and you will feel like thanking your taste buds.
Most of us think that ketchup is harmless. On the top of it, as it contains tomatoes, we think that all the nutrients of tomatoes do a lot of good. But wait! Let not your kids eat too much of ketchup.
Yes, it could cause several health issues over long term use or consumption. Here are some quick facts to help you out.
Is ketchup healthy or unhealthy? Your ketchup bottle is nothing but 25% of sugar. Yes, it is tasty but it is too much of sugar and your kid doesn't need that much. Your kid already gets sugar from other sources. Commercial ketchups are too much of sugar!
Your Kid May Fall In Love With It
Due to its taste, your kid may get addicted to ketchup. That would further increase the health risks.
It Contains Sodium
Too much of sodium in today's ketchup is another bad thing. Your kid gets daily dose of sodium from other foods. Cut the ketchup intake.
High Fructose Corn Syrup
This is one of the ketchup health risks. Most of the ketchup contains high fructose corn syrup which is responsible for high risk of diabetes and obesity.
Your kid may develop the risk of several other diseases if he loads the morning toast with ketchup.
Bottom Line: Is Ketchup Healthy?
No, it is unhealthy. Let your kid grow up to enjoy the taste of ketchups and sauces that are a celebration for the taste buds. As an adult, he or she may realise that moderation is better as far as ketchup consumption is concerned.