- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Though it is tough to believe, many children suffer from diabetes during childhood itself. Though most of us assume that only middle aged people suffer from such health conditions, it is a fact that even children can suffer diabetes.
Also Read: Why Is Coconut Oil Good For Babies?
Nowadays, the number of children suffering from diabetes is increasing may be due to the changing lifestyles and other environmental and genetic factors.
Now, let us discuss a few facts about the types of diabetes and their symptoms in children.
Type I Diabetes
Some children suffer from type 1 diabetes. This condition occurs due to the damage caused in certain types of cells in the pancreas. The kid's body fails to produce insulin. This makes it tough for the body to convert the consumed carbs into energy. Also, sugar levels in the body spike up as insulin also has a role in the appropriate storage of sugar.
Also Read: Can Gestational Diabetes Cause Obesity In Kids
Type 2 Diabetes
In kids who suffer from type 2 diabetes, blood sugar levels tend to be high as the body tends to become resistant to insulin. This condition could also cause kidney issues, heart issues and even blindness if it is not handled on time.
This is a condition in which a kid suffers high blood sugar levels but not as high as a diabetic. In fact when the condition is controlled, diabetes can be delayed.
Also Read: Top 5 Food For Kids With Diabetes
Diabetes in children can be caused due to many factors. Some of them include hereditary reasons, damage in pancreatic cells due to viral infections, lifestyle conditions, obesity and environmental factors.
Some studies also show that children who are genetically predisposed to diabetes may develop it very early in life if they consume cow's milk at a very early age.
Some of the symptoms of childhood diabetes are abdominal pain, frequent urination, fatigue, mood swings, blurred vision, numbness in some areas of the body, prolonged healing time in case of minor injuries, unexplained weight loss and a dip in blood pressure.
Also Read: Diabetes Symptoms In Children