- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 11 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 11 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, popularly known as ADHD, is one of the common childhood disorders that can prolong till adolescence or adulthood. Some of its symptoms include difficulty in paying attention, hyperactivity, getting distracted easily, restlessness, poor listening skills, learning disability and impulsiveness.
ADHD is more common in children with learning disabilities. Children associated with ADHD also face certain other problems such as sleep and anxiety disorders. The exact cause for ADHD is unknown. In most cases, the disorder runs in the family. This disorder is most common among boys than girls.
There is no medication available for this disorder . However, the symptoms of this disorder can be reduced by giving an emotional support, proper advice and parent's support. It can be quite challenging to handle children with this disorder, hence the parents must give their best to the child.
Some issues that can arise in the day-to-day life of such parents can include getting the child to sleep at night, social occasions, being organised to the child's needs, getting him/her ready for school on time. In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing with you some of the useful tips to improve a child's ADHD behaviour at home. Read on to know more about it.
Think About The Root Cause Of The Behaviour: Always think about the root cause before yelling at your kid. A child's misbehaving may just cause you grief. Try to know the root cause in such cases. Find out if your child needs extra attention and care. Focus on dealing with the cause rather than the behaviour.
Help Your Child Understand Social Cues: Many kids associated with ADHD have a hard time in understanding the emotion behind a statement. He/she may fail to notice the impatience in your voice, unless you get angry.
Change Your Behaviour: If your child is misbehaving or is not listing to you, there is a need to change your behaviour. Behave in a way that your child can adapt to easily. For example, if you don't want your child to yell at you then stop yelling at your child. Their behavioural changes can make a lot of difference.
Focus On The Positive: Always focus on the positive aspect. Praise your child if he/she has done something good. For example, if he/she responds to you and listens to you. Build confidence in him/her. Explain things to him/her patiently.
Redirect A Child's Behaviour: Instead of focusing on the negative traits or correcting your child over and over again, focus more on the positive aspects and redirect his/her attention to the positive activity. Make sure to appreciate your child in whatever he/she does.