- 6 hrs ago Rihanna’s Latest Magazine Cover Is A Literal Tribute To The Nude Make-up Gods
- 7 hrs ago COVID-19: How Does Quarantine Affect Your Mental Health?
- 8 hrs ago 10 Best Kitchen-Friendly Herbs To Boost Immunity During COVID-19
- 8 hrs ago Nargis Fakris Creates A Make-up Look Inspired By Her Wig During Quarantine And We’re Impressed!
- Movies Ajay Devgn At 51: Five Reasons Why 'Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha' With This Birthday Boy!
- News COVID-19: India reports 437 cases in 24 hours, 1,834 people infected
- Sports Coronavirus: US Open organisers push ahead with slam plans after Wimbledon blow
- Technology BSNL Launches Three Plans For Prepaid Customers; Offering Content From Eros Now
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For March 2020: Hyundai India registers A 41% Decline In Sales
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In April
- Finance RBI's Moratorium On Credit Card Dues: Should You Avail It?
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
All of us enjoyed participating in extra curricular activities when we were in school. Have you wondered why? Well, they were fun and they offered a break from the regular boring academics.
Now, the same applies to your kids too. They too need a break and that is why it is good to let them get into such activities if their schools permit.
In fact, the real growth and maturity comes not form classroom activities but from the extra curricular activities. Activities show the practical side of the world and this is how the kid learns how the world operates.
Whether it is art, music, drama, or sports, your kids tend to learn new things every moment. Now, let us discuss why extra curricular activities in school are important.
Importance Of Extracurricular Activities In Schools
They Let Your Child Explore Strengths
Your child can try something new and that process will allow him to know about his strengths and weaknesses. To put it in a nut shell, your child will know about himself.
Self Esteem And Confidence
Such activities help your kid build self confidence. They allow your kid to confidently handle a new activity which isn't part of his academics.
Sense Of Achievement
When something is accomplished, it gives a sense of joy and achievement and your kid will get to know about the joy of achieving something in this world.
Such activities are good for the psychological growth and maturity of kids. That is why schools must ensure that such activities are included.
Your kid will be able to learn about role play and handle responsibilities well. This is one advantage of participating in such activities.
Any activity requires proper planning and implementation to accomplish and this is exactly what your kid learns when he or she participates in extra curricular activities.