- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: TRAU continue winning run with 2-1 victory against Churchill Brothers
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Technology Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone Vs Airtel: Best Prepaid Plans Under Rs. 450
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Obesity is the main cause of many deaths in the United States and all over the world and to control this cause of death, parents are taking wise steps in controlling their teenage children who are exposed to junk food all the time.
In a UK survey, it was said that most teenage girls are twice as likely to go on a diet if their mothers constantly try to slim down. With the help of their mother daughter relationship, the teenage girls who are of ages 13-19 years, have said to go on diet regularly due to comments from parents, pictures of size zero celebrities and the attitudes of friends.
It is also said that the number doubles when the teenage girl sees her mother trying out various types of diet to loose on those extra pounds. It is reported that mothers attitudes to celebrity body types have an influence, with girls more likely to focus on their waistline if they hear admiring comments about slim stars.
According to the survey it is also said that 93 percent of the teenage girls seemed concern about their size, more than half said their families comment on what they eat. A quarter of the teenage girls claimed they had a friend with an eating disorder.
It is true that mums want the best for their daughters, but we live in a world preoccupied with body size, and inevitably daughters are picking up on, and assimilating, anxieties their mums have.