- 57 min ago Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- 1 hr ago Even Vaccinated People Can Develop Long Covid, Study Finds
- 2 hrs ago Hypertension Most Common Co-Morbidity: Delhi Hospital Study On Covid-19 Patients
- 2 hrs ago Shani Jayanti 2022: Donate These Things To Lord Shani According To Your Zodiac Sign
- Education UKPSC PCS Prelims Result 2022 Announced At ukpsc.gov.in, Check Steps To Download
- News Delhi: Light rain likely today; maximum temperature to hover around 38 °C
- Finance Revenue Grew To Rs 3.1bn, Buy This Metal & Mining Stock For Up To 30% Potential Gains: Anand Rathi
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M13 Budget Smartphone Launched; Specifications & India Availability
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp Sales Breakup: April 2022
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda And Aamir Khan Have Gala Time At Karan Johar’s 50th Birthday Bash; See Pictures
- Sports Women's IPL Winners List: Full List of Women's T20 Challenge Winners and Runners Up Year Wise
- Travel List Of Monsoon Treks In India For Beginners
Many couples in India are facing infertility problems. For such couples, the Intrauterine insemination (IUI) treatment can be a starting point for have a child. For a successful IUI treatment, you may have to follow specific precautionary steps. Your infertility specialist will guide you on what steps you can take to increase your chances of achieving a healthy pregnancy.
In this article, we have mentioned some steps you can take to achieve your dream of parenthood through IUI.
Do's After An IUI Procedure
Here are some of the things you must do after your IUI procedure. These steps may increase your chances of a successful pregnancy:
Your specialist will make you rest for several minutes after they deposit sperms into your uterus. Even after your discharge from the clinic, take complete rest for a few days to avoid discomfort. It would be best if you restricted doing any household or work travel. Also, immediately rest if you feel any pain or anxiety.
Eat healthy diet
After the IUI treatment, your doctor will recommend you take a healthy and balanced diet. It would be best if you stayed fit and healthy to promote fertilization. Eating a healthy diet will fulfil all the necessary nutrition required for IUI success. To improve the chances of getting pregnant, consume foods rich in Vitamin D.
Stress and anxiety can cause the IUI treatment to fail. It would be best if you always stayed positive. Some internal functions and the release of hormones after an IUI treatment depend upon your mental health. So, it would help if you stay mentally fit. Taking part in some productive work may help in avoiding negative thoughts.
Do light exercise
After some days of insemination, you can start doing some exercises. It will improve the blood flow to the uterus and other reproductive organs. We recommend doing stretches and yoga after taking a few days of rest.
Visit the doctor
Your specialist may have to measure your hormone levels and the possibility of getting pregnant. It allows them to assist you by providing hormonal support and improving the IUI success rate. After a week of insemination, the best thing to do is to visit your specialist. Also, they can guide you on how to confirm pregnancy.
Take prescribed medicines
To increase the chances of fertilization, your specialist may prescribe some medicines. Make sure you follow the instructions of the doctor and take the medication accordingly.
You should always follow the tips mentioned above. Your doctor may give some other suggestions according to your health condition.
Don'ts After An IUI Procedure
Some of the things that you must avoid after your IUI treatment are mentioned below:
Don't take pain relief medicines
After the IUI procedure, you may suffer from cramps and pain, which is quite common. However, you should altogether avoid taking painkillers. If you are in too much pain, consult your doctor before taking it. Taking painkillers may lower the chances of IUI success.
After IUI treatment, taking stress is the worst thing to do. It impacts the balance of hormones in your body, which affects the possibility of a healthy pregnancy. Some couples have conceived after 14 trials. So, you should not worry about IUI failure on the first try itself.
Avoid heavy lifting
Do not lift heavy objects. It is one of the most important things to avoid as it may cause cramps and sometimes damage the uterus' lining.
Even though the success of an IUI treatment has no direct connection to swimming, you must avoid it for 48 hours after insemination. You must prevent pool water under all circumstances as it has a high chance of causing infections.
Don't expose yourself to harmful radiation
Avoid work hazards and exposure to harmful radiation. After IUI treatment, you should avoid handling chemicals and high radiation machines. Even after pregnancy, we suggest you keep away from any form of radiation. Exposure to direct sunlight or heat for long periods can decrease the chances of pregnancy as well.
Do not smoke or drink
Smoking, drinking, or drug abuse will cause complications, infertility, and conception. Even after conceiving, you must avoid them as it may cause deformity or abnormal growth of your child.
Remember, you must choose an experienced infertility doctor in Mumbai for your IUI treatment. They can guide you thoroughly on the procedure and provide you with guidelines on making the treatment successful.
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessIs Shawarma Healthy? Can Pregnant Women Eat It? What Do Experts Have To Say
- basicsWhat Expectant Dads Need To Anticipate During The Trimesters, Labor And Delivery
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- recipesHealthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- babyTransmission Of COVID-19 Infection From Mother To Baby Rare: BMJ Study
- menPunjab Polls: Conjoined Twins Vote Separately, Given Dark Glasses For Secrecy
- basicsWhat Is Pregnancy Brain? Symptoms, Causes And Management
- prenatalExpert Article: Is Your Pregnancy A High Risk One?