Before getting pregnant, it is better to ensure that you are healthy on many levels. This includes body weight. When you are planning to conceive, it is wiser to lose unwanted weight first.
Being overweight before pregnancy may cause several issues during pregnancy. Losing a few pounds and then getting pregnant will reduce several health risks for you and your baby too.
If you are not convinced, then here are some more reasons to inspire you to lose some weight before getting pregnant.
Many studies blame obesity for certain complications like still births, miscarriage and even birth defects.
Actually, being overweight could also reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Yes, obesity could interfere with your fertility levels.
Also Read: Causes Of Hard Belly During Pregnancy
Obesity during pregnancy could also increase the risk of high blood pressure, gestational diabetes and certain other complications.
Putting aside the general risks, there are other life-long risks that may take a toll on the health of the baby in the future if the mother is overweight during pregnancy. One such problem includes childhood diabetes.
Also Read: Top Signs And Symptoms Of Early Pregnancy
Does it mean you have to shed a lot of weight? No, but if you are somewhere in the range of healthy weight, you don't need to worry that much. But this shouldn't make you starve yourself as that would also deprive your body of the necessary nutrients.
Pregnancy Weight Gains
Generally, pregnancy could cause weight gains. But when you are slim before pregnancy, the gained weight will not affect you much. But if you are already overweight, the extra gains during pregnancy may be alarming.
Experts say that women of healthy weight tend to be able to deal with the pregnancy much better than those who are obese at the time of pregnancy. Another advantage of being slim before pregnancy is you will be able to lose your weight faster after delivery.
- Complications You Might Have To Face If You Get Pregnant After 40
- Natural Ways To Induce Labor At Home
- How Kareena Kapoor Lost Her Weight After Pregnancy?
- What Moms-to-be Think In Their Last Month Of Pregnancy
- Everything You Should Know About Breastfeeding While Pregnant
- Nose Bleeding During Pregnancy – Causes And Remedies
- Signs That Your Body Is Ready For Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Risks By Age Chart
- Is It Possible To Get A False Positive Pregnancy Test Result ?
- How To Treat Fungal Infection During Pregnancy
- What are the causes of gestational diabetes?
- Is It Normal For Breasts To Leak During Pregnancy?