Before getting pregnant, it is better to ensure that you are healthy on many levels. This includes body weight. When you are planning to conceive, it is wiser to lose unwanted weight first.
Being overweight before pregnancy may cause several issues during pregnancy. Losing a few pounds and then getting pregnant will reduce several health risks for you and your baby too.
If you are not convinced, then here are some more reasons to inspire you to lose some weight before getting pregnant.
Many studies blame obesity for certain complications like still births, miscarriage and even birth defects.
Actually, being overweight could also reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Yes, obesity could interfere with your fertility levels.
Also Read: Causes Of Hard Belly During Pregnancy
Obesity during pregnancy could also increase the risk of high blood pressure, gestational diabetes and certain other complications.
Putting aside the general risks, there are other life-long risks that may take a toll on the health of the baby in the future if the mother is overweight during pregnancy. One such problem includes childhood diabetes.
Also Read: Top Signs And Symptoms Of Early Pregnancy
Does it mean you have to shed a lot of weight? No, but if you are somewhere in the range of healthy weight, you don't need to worry that much. But this shouldn't make you starve yourself as that would also deprive your body of the necessary nutrients.
Pregnancy Weight Gains
Generally, pregnancy could cause weight gains. But when you are slim before pregnancy, the gained weight will not affect you much. But if you are already overweight, the extra gains during pregnancy may be alarming.
Experts say that women of healthy weight tend to be able to deal with the pregnancy much better than those who are obese at the time of pregnancy. Another advantage of being slim before pregnancy is you will be able to lose your weight faster after delivery.
- When Is The Right Time To Plan Your Pregnancy?
- International Women’s Day: 21 Burning Questions On Women’s Health Just Answered!
- Things That No One Tells You About Pregnancy
- Things To Know About Bed Rest During Pregnancy
- Important Things To Know About Twin Pregnancy
- Why Is Breastfeeding Important For You And Your Baby?
- 10 Surprising Factors That Increase Heart Disease In Women
- Reasons For Lack Of Sleep During Pregnancy
- 5 Health Risks Of Having Anal Sex
- 10 Side Effects Of Raw Garlic You Should Know
- How Is A Second Pregnancy Different From The First?
- Handling Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- A Guide To Help You Read To Your Baby