Are you using antibiotics during pregnancy? Then you may need to know about the results of a new study. Researchers claim that it may raise the risk of inflammatory bowel disease in the children later on in the future.
Researchers experimented with mice to discover this fact. Overuse of antibiotics during pregnancy as well as during the breastfeeding stage is not good for the baby.
Also Read: Side Effects Of Antibiotics
Doing so may increase the risk of inflammatory conditions in the bowel of the kid. So, consult your doctor if the usage of antibiotics is inevitable during those periods. Here are some facts.
The problem with antibiotics is that they may cause certain changes to the levels of gut microbes and this may disturb their harmonious balance.
Inflammatory Bowel Conditions
Such changes to the mother's body may also influence the baby and this might raise the risk of inflammatory bowel conditions in the kid.
The timing of using antibiotics is very crucial during pregnancy and that is why careless usage is not at all recommended.
The antibiotics may hamper the growth of beneficial bacteria in the baby and this may cause changes to the immune system.
Does it mean that usage of antibiotics should be totally stopped during pregnancy or breastfeeding stage? No, but researchers say that moderation and careful usage is important in inevitable conditions.
- What Moms-to-be Think In Their Last Month Of Pregnancy
- Everything You Should Know About Breastfeeding While Pregnant
- Nose Bleeding During Pregnancy – Causes And Remedies
- Signs That Your Body Is Ready For Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Risks By Age Chart
- Is It Possible To Get A False Positive Pregnancy Test Result ?
- How To Treat Fungal Infection During Pregnancy
- What are the causes of gestational diabetes?
- Is It Normal For Breasts To Leak During Pregnancy?
- Bleeding And Spotting During Pregnancy: What's Normal, What's Not
- What You Should Know About Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- How To Recover After A Miscarriage