- 1 hr ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 3 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports South Asian Games: Ankit, Kalaivani lead India to six boxing gold medals
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Tiger Shroff To Come Together For Yash Raj Film’s Next?
- News Parliament approves ship recycling bill passed in RS today
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
With so many options available, selecting one birth control method is a difficult task. This demands good research and planning, as birth control is one of the important decisions that you have to make as a couple.
Most of the couples go for the opinion of a doctor to find the best idea that suits their health. No doubt, this is the best way. But still, you should be aware of all the well-accepted birth control methods to make a good choice.
While using pills is the most popular birth control idea, most people find it difficult in reality due to the side effects it possesses.
This is considered as a difficult method because of the chances of forgetting to take the pills and the different health issues that are associated with a pill intake.
This makes couples prefer to go for an implantation or a permanent birth control measure.
Contraceptive pills are always a topic of research for their associated health risks. So, it is better to avoid taking chances. Are you feeling hesitant to discuss this topic even with your close friend?
Don’t worry, we are here to help you. Here, we will discuss more about the best birth control options other than contraceptive pills.
No doubt, this is the most popular and an easiest method of birth control. The main advantage of condoms is that you need to use this only when you are having an intercourse. But, the disadvantage is that there can be chances of accidental failures with this.
Spermicide is another good option that is comprised of chemicals that can kill the sperms. It can be foam, jelly, cream, or a film. You can apply this in the vaginal area before initiating a contact. This is one among the birth control methods other than pills.
A cervical cap is a small slip that can be placed by covering the cervix. This will prevent the entry of semen and sperms into the uterus. This can be best used along with spermicides. You have to get this done with a doctor. This is one among the birth control methods other than pills.
Birth Control Shot
Birth control shot is nowadays attaining more popularity. This is a hormonal injection that will prevent a woman from getting pregnant for around three months. This is considered as more effective than birth control pills. However, high cost is the major side effect of birth control shots.
Surgical Birth Control
Vasectomy and tubectomy are the most widely used methods of birth control. In tubectomy, the blocked fallopian tubes do not allow the eggs to travel to the uterus from the ovary after ovulation. Vasectomy is done as a surgical birth control measure for men.
This is a 'T-shaped’ device that can be inserted into the uterus. This will prevent pregnancy by preventing the entry of sperms into the uterus. This is one of the best birth control options other than pills, as it can be removed whenever you prefer a pregnancy.
Withdrawal method is the type of birth control option that has been followed from age-old times. This always possesses a risk of getting pregnant because it needs only one from the millions of sperms to make a woman pregnant.