- 7 hrs ago 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- 10 hrs ago Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- 12 hrs ago From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- 15 hrs ago Upma Recipe: How To Make It At Home
- Movies Pavitra Rishta Fame Karan Veer Mehra Is All Set To Tie The Knot With Nidhi V Seth On January 24
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Sports BCCI remains undecided on Ranji or Hazare Trophy, women's domestic season expected from March
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
infertility in women, the blocked fallopian tubes will surely fall under top 3. Unfortunately it is a condition that we would not know until we try to conceive. Only when you are unable to conceive for quite some time, the obstetrician prescribe a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) test that inspects the shape and ductility of your fallopian tubes.
Ten years back, being diagnosed with blocked tubes meant the end of the road for a couple. But it is no longer an infertility problem that cannot be cured. Most cases of blocked tubes can be corrected. So if you have just found out that this is the cause behind your infertility, do not despair, here is what you have to do.
What To Do When You Have Blocked Tubes...
Be sure first. The most important thing in this situation is to be absolutely sure that you have tubal blockage. There are hardly any concrete symptoms that indicate tubal blockage. Constant abdominal pain, history of ectopic pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases might be indicative of blockage but not conclusive of it. Irregular periods indicates ovulation problems but not blocked tubes.
Do the test. There are two kinds of tests ( HSG and intra-vaginal ultrasound) that can conclusively determine tubal blockage. The HSG test is a detailed x-ray check onceof the fallopian tubes and the ovaries. The intra-vaginal ultrasound scan is scan of the uterus and ovaries done by inserting a stylus into the vagina. The normal ultra sound scan that is done on the lower abdomen is not conclusive in this case.
How blocked are your tubes? Tubes might be in various stages of blockage. The cause of blockage determines its severity. If you have had a previous ectopic pregnancy of ruptured appendix, the scar tissues left behind might block your tubes partially. However, if your tubes are twisted from birth, then it will be a complete blockage.
Can I still conceive? In most cases, a woman with blockage in one tube can still conceive naturally if she has no ovulation problems. However, if both tubes are blocked, then you need to go for tubal surgery.
When does tubal surgery work? The best known treatment to remove the blockage is a small laproscopic surgery. It opens the mouth of the tubes by removing the accumulated scar tissues. However, this can work when the blockage is minor. Very thick scar tissues may not be totally removed through surgery.
So what should I do then? Your doctor will ask you to go for IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) depending on your age and the severity of the blockage. Artificial insemination doesn't work in a majority of tubal blockage cases.
Even if you have severely blocked tubed, do not lose hope. Just wait for science to catch up with you.