- 7 min ago 5 Common Infections In Children And What Parents Can Do About It
- 2 hrs ago 7 Foods That Have The Biggest Impact On Blood Sugar Levels
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Malabar Style Sulaimani Chai (Malabar Spiced Tea) Recipe
- Movies ‘Show This To Your Daughters’ Uorfi Javed’s Strong Reply To Chahatt Khanna; Asks Her To Stop Blaming Women
- News Musk to release 'Twitter files' on free speech suppression; What else did he say?
- Technology NASA Artemis I Mission Spacecraft Sets New Space Record
- Finance Stock To Buy: Exports grew 148% YOY In FY22, Sharekhan Reiterates "Buy" Stock For Robust Returns
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, India's battering rams are ready to rock Kiwis in 3rd ODI
- Education TSPSC DAO Exam Schedule Out: How to Download and Other Details
- Automobiles Volkswagen, Skoda Facility In Aurangabad Now Runs On 100 Per Cent Solar Energy
- Travel Serra Verde Express – Wild Ride In Brazil
As your little one reaches the mark of 12-months, their food habits and nutritional requirements change. Paediatricians point out that once your baby becomes 1 year old, it is highly likely that you will notice a sharp drop in their appetite.
During this phase, your precious little one will start teething (average age for teething in children is between six to twelve months), so you have the wide array of solid food options you can try giving your child.
A child of age one requires 1,000 calories, 700 mg of calcium, 600 IU of vitamin D, and 7 mg of iron each day to support proper growth . It may get confusing while choosing the best quality foods, that are equally healthy for your child, worry not, we have got you covered.
Read on to know about healthy and tasty foods you can give your 1-year-old.
Check out Foods For One-Year-Old Baby
One of the best foods for your 1-year-old baby is cucumber. This hydrating vegetable can be cut lengthwise, for your baby's ease. Cucumbers can help prevent dehydration and cool down their body .
Steamed broccoli is another healthy vegetable you can feed your child. Packed with fibre and vitamin C, broccoli can help fill the stomach and improve eye health . You can give boiled carrots and sweet potatoes as well.
3. Mashed Beans
You can choose between black beans, white beans or kidney beans, which are highly nutritious and packed with fibre . Boil the beans until soft and mash them into a soft paste for your baby's easy consumption and digestion as well .
The creamy texture of this healthy fruit makes it a fantastic food for your 1-year-old. Nutritious and packed with healthy fats, avocados are beneficial for the child's heart and brain .
By the time your child reaches 1-year-of age, they would be completely off breast milk and there is no better time to introduce milk, both dairy and vegan. For vegan options, you can try full-fat soy milk that is fortified with calcium and vitamins B12 and D .
6. Banana And Other Soft Fruits
Soft fruits like bananas, peaches, mango, strawberry are good first foods for your child. If they don't take to the food in the first try, don't worry, as studies point out that a child generally requires to be exposed to a new food 6 to 15 times before accepting it into their diet .
Note: Avoid giving large pieces of fruit as they may cause choking.
Packed with protein, carbohydrates, minerals, healthy fats, fibre and vitamins, oatmeal is a perfect food for your baby . Try not to buy pre-mixed oatmeal from stores as it may contain added sugar. You can make oatmeal at home by and add milk instead of water for an extra punch of nutrition.
8. Whole Grain Cereal
Cereals can be a fun food for your child. Choose a single-grain variety such as rice, barley, or oat for a healthy breakfast rich in fibre and loaded with carbohydrates and nutrients . You can also try flaked corn soften with milk.
Packed with protein, dal or lentils can be made into a curry with less salt and no chilly and eaten with rice or chapati. If you are giving your child chapati, make sure to cut it into small bite-sized pieces.
10. Vegetable Soup
An easy to feed food, vegetable soups are equally healthy and tasty. You can choose from a wide range of vegetables such as carrots, potato, broccoli etc, which can help improve the overall health of your baby .
A great substitute for protein for vegetarians, soya granules makes a healthy food . The soft texture of cooked soya can be easy for the child to consume. You can also try silken or firm tofu.
Soft bits of chicken is a great way to incorporate more protein into your child's diet . Be careful to buy organic chicken or antibiotic-free chicken. Avoid adding strong spices (upset stomach) and cut the chicken into small soft pieces without any bones to avoid the risk of choking.
Add boiled or fish curry (with less spice) to your child's diet as they can help improve brain and heart health . Make sure to remove all bones, even the small ones before feeding your child.
Some of the other foods you can try for your 1-year-old baby are as follows:
• Ragi dosa
• Multigrain roti
• Boiled beetroot
• Methi or wheat roti
• Vegetable upma
• Palak (spinach) khichdi
On A Final Note…
Unlike the initial months, you do not have to be extremely cautious in making food for your baby because whatever average age for teething in children is between six to twelve months. Just keep in mind to avoid large amounts of salt and avoid it if you can.
- basics6 Skincare Mistakes To Avoid While Pregnant
- basicsWorld Fertility Day: The Decline of Fertility Rate In India: What Does It Mean?
- festivalsPitru Paksha 2022: Precautions That Pregnant Women Must Abide By
- bollywood wardrobeKoffee With Karan 7: Sonam Kapoor Nails Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown!
- basics4 Weird Pregnancy Superstitions That Could Actually Be True For These Reasons
- prenatal8 Study-Based And Anecdotal Ways To Predict The Gender Of A Baby, By NCBI
- disorders cureWhat Is Double Didelphys Or Double Uterus? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- basicsLaunch Of Mum2b : Expert Support For Expecting Mothers By Apollo Women’s Hospitals
- babyCovid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures