If you don't breastfeed what happens to the milk? Have you ever wondered about this? Some new mothers choose to breastfeed whereas some choose other options. So, what happens to your milk if you don't breastfeed?
If you don't breastfeed, the production of milk may soon decline and finally reaches a point where no more milk production occurs at all!
During the initial days, after the childbirth, leakage of milk might occur. Breast engorgement may also occur. But if breastfeeding isn't taken up, the production of milk stops gradually.
How Long Will It Take?
In a matter of 6-7 days, the milk production may reach zero! So, if you don't breastfeed what happens to the milk? Its production may come to a standstill!
What's The Reason Behind This?
The milk production totally depends upon the needs of the baby. If the baby consumes more, the supply increases. If the baby doesn't consume any milk, the supply declines.
Also Read:7 Reasons For Blood In Breast Milk
What To Do To Minimise Breast Engorgement?
Mothers who don't wish to breastfeed may wear a supporting bra that binds the breasts and decreases the breast engorgement.
Where Does The Milk Disappear?
If one chooses not to breastfeed, the body absorbs the milk back and halts the production. So the milk goes nowhere. It just gets absorbed.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Some women may experience pain in the breasts, clogged ducts, mastitis etc.
Also Read:How Breast Milk Changes With Time
What To Do?
Talk to your doctor about your decision. Your doctor may help you by offering tips to cope up or prevent such side effects if you wish not to breastfeed.
- World Milk Day 2018: Which Milk Is Healthier For You?
- Why Cockroach Milk Is The Next Superfood?
- Did You Know Milk Can Do So Much For The Skin?
- Does Milk Help You To Improve Your Skin Tone?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Dalia With Milk
- Is It Healthy To Drink Packaged Milk Without Boiling It?
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- 10 Glutamine Rich Foods You Should Know
- 12 Healthy Foods Rich In Iodine
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- 13 High Calorie Foods For Weight Gain
- How To Make Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe