It would surprise you but a teenager recently lost his life due to a simple food allergy towards cheese. The boy in question was actually allergic to dairy and gluten.
Most of us think that a food allergy can simply give a rash and nothing else. But it can even cause anaphylactic shock!
Also Read: Does Food Allergy Cause Anxiety In Children?
Especially in children, food allergies could create havoc. The problem is with the immune system which hyper reacts when it mistakes food items to be foreign particles.
Foods That May Trigger Allergies
Though mild allergies are not life-threatening, if left untreated or ignored, they may turn fatal. Fish, milk, eggs, nuts and wheat are some items that may trigger allergies in kids.
How Do Food Allergies Manifest?
Well, they may start as rashes, itchy sensation and swelling. And then if the kid experiences breathing issues, wheezing or choking then it means that the reaction is not a minor one. Diarrhea, vomiting and cramping may follow.
Also Read:5 Types Of Soy Allergies In Children
In some kids, the symptoms may manifest as dizziness and some may even fall unconscious. In some it could cause bronchospasm which means constriction in the respiratory tract. In fact, death may occur when the breathing stops.
Also Read:Symptoms Of Egg Allergy In Children
What To Do?
In some who are suffering from diabetes or asthma, food allergies cause more trouble. That is the reason why it is better to keep your kid away from the allergic substances. Currently, there is no way to prevent such mishaps. The only way out is avoiding the consumption of the allergic stuff.
In some kids, weaknesses and some allergies may vanish after they reach adulthood. So, you don't need to worry much about your kid's life.
But still, make it a point to keep all allergic foods away form your kid and consult a doctor if you see any allergy symptoms.
- How To Cure Cough At Night In Children
- 9 Ways How Garlic Benefits Your Kids
- Is It Safe To Use Baby Walker For Kids?
- How To Help Your Child Deal With Exam Stress
- Reasons Why Children Don’t Eat
- How To Wean Your Baby: Age By Age Guide
- The Terrifying Ways That Your Child’s Photos Can Be Used Online
- Is Raw Garlic Safe For Kids?
- If Only You Think Your Friends Show Off You Must See These Spoilt Rich Brats
- 10 Foods That Help Your Kids Fall Asleep
- Creative Fancy Dress Costume Ideas For Children’s Day In India
- Tips For Safe Diwali For Kids