- 3 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 6 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 8 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 9 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Movies KBC 13: Suniel Shetty And Jackie Shroff Grace The Hot Seat, Share Some Fun Moments With Amitabh Bachchan
- News Indian PM Modi, US President Biden remember Mahatma Gandhi a week before his jayanti
- Sports After hike for domestic players, BCCI mulls revised pension for former cricketers, widows
- Education CSE 2020 Final Result: UPSC Declares Civil Services 2020 Results, Shubham Kumar Tops The List. Check Details
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is observed on 10 September every year. The day is observed to spread awareness on suicide, preventing suicides and providing the necessary help for struggling individuals. Organised by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO), WSPD was first observed in 2003  .
World Suicide Prevention Day 2019
The theme for World Suicide Prevention Day 2019 is, 'Working Together to Prevent Suicide'. It is the second year of the theme being used, as it the theme for WSPD 2018 was the same.
On the initiation day, the WHO affirmed the central strategies of the World Suicide Prevention Day.
- The organisation of global, regional and national multi-sectoral activities to increase awareness about suicidal behaviours and how to effectively prevent them.
- The strengthening of countries' capabilities to develop and evaluate national policies and plans for suicide prevention.
WHO To Launch A Campaign Suicide Awareness Campaign
The World Health Organisation has declared that on World Suicide Prevention Day, the campaign '40 seconds of action' will be launched to raise awareness on the rising numbers of suicide (globally) and about the role, each one of us can play in preventing it  .
The 40 seconds denotes the statistical fact that every 40 seconds, someone loses their life to suicide. The campaign is conjointly developed to be beneficial for the World Mental Health Day 2019, which will fall on 10 October, precisely one month after the World Suicide Prevention Day.
The campaign aims to positively influence the population, to spread awareness on the importance of getting help and recognising and helping your near and dear ones.
Suicide Helplines In India
In India, AASRA is the most recognised Suicide Prevention and Counselling NGO. Roshni, COOJ, Sneha Foundation India, Vandrevala Foundation For Mental Health and Connecting are the other prominent names .
Here are the list and contact numbers - help a loved one, help yourself.
- AASRA - 022 2754 6669
- Roshni - +914066202000 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- COOJ - +918322252525 - email@example.com
- Sneha Foundation India - +914424640050 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vandrevala Foundation For Mental Health - 18602662345 - email@example.com
- Connecting - +919922001122 - firstname.lastname@example.org
-  Beautrais, A., & Mishara, B. (2007). World Suicide Prevention Day-September 10, 2007 “Suicide Prevention Across the Life Span”.
-  Beautrais, A. L., & Mishara, B. L. (2008). World Suicide Prevention Day: "think globally, plan nationally, act locally".
-  Robinson, J., Rodrigues, M., Fisher, S., Bailey, E., & Herrman, H. (2015). Social media and suicide prevention: findings from a stakeholder survey. Shanghai archives of psychiatry, 27(1), 27.
-  Arensman, E. (2017). Suicide prevention in an international context.
-  Anmol. (2019, March 05). 5 Suicide Prevention Helplines In India You Need To Know About. Retrieved from https://lbb.in/delhi/suicide-helplines-india/