- 38 min ago Orchitis (Inflammation Of The Testicles): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- 1 hr ago Rajkummar Rao’s First Outfit Look Test For Bareilly Ki Barfi Stereotypes A Good And A Bad Guy
- 1 hr ago On 22 Years Of Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Kajol And Ajay Devgn’s Co-ordinated Outfits From The Film
- 2 hrs ago On 15 Years Of Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Leading Actress Sushmita Sen’s Stunning Looks From The Film
- Movies Prabhas 21: Is Deepika Padukone Charging High Remuneration For Nag Ashwin’s Sci-Fi Drama?
- Technology Oppo Announces 125W Flash Charge Technology; Can Charge 41 Percent In Just 5 Minutes
- News Chiranjeevi Sarja's brother Dhruva Sarja, wife Prerana test positive for COVID-19
- Finance Infosys Reports 12.4% Jump In Q1 Profit At Rs 4,272 Crore
- Sports MotoGP: Can anyone bring the Marc Marquez era to an end in 2020?
- Automobiles Delhi Transport Department Registers 23,940 Vehicles In June: Up 183 Percent From May 2020
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Remember, the Kolkata woman who became a social media sensation for singing singing 'Ye Pyar Ka Nagma Hai' from 1972 film Shor at Ranaghat station in West Bengal? Well, she just recorded her first song for Himesh Reshammiya's next film. He has offered her to sing in his upcoming movie Happy Hardy and Heer.
While people are comparing her voice to that of the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, the netizens are in complete aww of her story, which is no less than a fairy tale.
Himesh Reshammiya took it to Twitter to share this news with his fans. He wrote- "The lady Ranu Mondal singing Lata ji's song outside Kolkata railway station. Today she recorded her first song with Himesh sir for his film #HappyHardyAndHeer."
West Bengal's Ranu (59) has become India's newest singing sensation on social media. Her beautiful rendition of Lata Mangeshkar has already earned over 2 million views. People have been posting comments about offering Ranu a better platform to showcase her talent.
Atindra Chakraborty (26) is an engineer who happened to meet Ranu out of sheer luck. Chakroborty first first heard her singing at a railway station and was really impressed with her melodious voice. He asked her then to sing something for him which he recorded and posted on Facebook and this is how the world came to know about this woman.
"I was hanging out with my friends at a tea stall on platform No 6. A Rafi song was playing on the radio loud. Suddenly I heard a lady humming to the tune, as she sat on the platform floor. I asked her if she could sing something for us. She sang a song and I recorded it on my mobile. We were surprised how melodious she was," Chakraborty told the press.
Watch the video here:
The post has garnered more than 2 million views, and the video has also received 60k shares and 5.7k comments till now.
Here's what netizens are saying about her voice-
On 30th July, her another video was shared on social she was seen singing another Lata Mangeshkar song.
Because of her singing talent, Ranu has also received many offers to participate in music reality shows in Mumbai. Many people have come forward to buy her food and even get a makeover.