- 14 hrs ago 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- 14 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 1: Orange Make-up Looks To Celebrate Colour Of The Day
- 14 hrs ago Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Bengaluru is soon to get free high-speed Wi-Fi zones at selected locations across the city. Tech giant Cisco announced a pilot project to set up 25 such zones and increase them gradually.
The pilot project has been launched in places like Udupi Garden in BTM Layout and Jayanagar bus stand among others, which will further be expanded. The project is being conducted in collaboration with a local ISP provider called D-Vois.
This year by September, 200 locations across the Bengaluru city will be Wi-Fi enabled, followed by another 300 in the second phase. Public places like bus stations, busy traffic and hospitals will have free Wi-Fi zones.
Cisco said it will work with Google's gStation platform to provide access to people around the country to an open, free, high-quality public Wi-Fi connectivity.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) report states that globally there is a Wi-Fi hotspot for every 150 people. In India, around eight million additional hotspots must be installed to achieve the ratio, since the country has only 52,000 Wi-Fi hotspots currently.