- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 07 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan's Natural Skincare Ingredient Is A God Given! 2 Ways You Can Use It!
- 12 hrs ago Experimental Breath Test To Detect Lung Cancer: Read About The Latest Scientific Development
- 13 hrs ago 3 Best Nutritional Supplements For Treating Hair Loss
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Goncalo Ramos nets a hattrick as Portugal win 6-1 to book quarterfinal berth
- News Delhi MCD Election Results 2022 LIVE: Will AAP end BJP's 15-year rule? Counting at 8 am
- Finance ICICI Securities Recommends Buy This Multibagger Midcap Engineering Stock, Sees Robust Gains
- Travel Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Matterhorn Mountain
- Movies Pawan Kalyan’s Next: Fans Demand Makers To Rope In Anirudh Ravichander To Compose Music
- Education UPSC Mains 2022 Results Declared, 2079 Candidates qualified for Interview
- Automobiles Top 3 Crowd-Pullers At The India Bike Week 2022 – 822cc Himalayan & More
- Technology Realme UI 4.0 To Debut On December 8 In India: List Of Eligible Devices
An American family is celebrating the birth of twins resulting from embryos frozen 30 years ago. Lydia and Timothy Ridgeway are the first twins born from long-frozen embryos to live, according to the National Embryo Donation Center.
On 22 April 1992, an anonymous married couple donated embryos obtained through in vitro fertilization and now, they are part of a family in 2022.
Previous record holder Molly Gibson was born in 2020 from embryos that had been frozen for nearly 27 years. Molly took the record from her sister Emma, who was born from embryos that had been frozen for 24 years, according to CNN.
"They've been a joy to have to us and to their siblings," dad Philip Ridgeway told of his new twins, Lydia and Timothy, who now make the Ridgeways a family of six. "In a sense, they're our oldest children, even though they're our smallest children," the dad added.
"There is something mind-boggling about it," Philip Ridgeway said as he and his wife snuggled their newborns on their laps at their home outside Portland.
"I was 5 years old when God gave life to Lydia and Timothy, and he's been preserving that life ever since," added the dad .
With the assistance of the National Embryo Donation Center and Dr. John Gordon, the couple's physician at Southeastern Fertility in Knoxville, the frozen embryos were thawed, transferred and then delivered.
"We wanted to be able to go in and find embryos that had been overlooked for reasons beyond their control, that have been waiting so long for a mom and a dad," Rachel Ridgeway, the twins' mom, said.
In their case, the couple was interested in embryos that everybody else had passed on.
"We just want them to always know that they were chosen, that they are loved," she added.
What Is Egg Freezing?
In basic terms, egg freezing refers to the retrieval of eggs from the ovaries of a woman and the freezing of those eggs for later use when the woman is feeling ready to conceive. These eggs are good for use and are not compromised in quality for up to 10 years after the freezing process is completed. The medical term for egg freezing is oocyte cryopreservation .
The cost of embryo freezing in India is approximately 150000 to 170000 rupees . There are charges associated with this procedure, including those associated with IVF protocol, including the medicines and injections used for ovarian stimulation, as well as charges associated with egg retrieval and freezing.
- menPunjab Polls: Conjoined Twins Vote Separately, Given Dark Glasses For Secrecy
- prenatal18 Factors That May Increase The Chances Of Twin Pregnancy
- prenatalTwin Pregnancy: How It Is Conceived, Factors That Increase The Chances, And Complications
- lifeCongratulatory Messages, Quotes And Wishes To Share On The Birth Of Twins
- prenatalWhat To Know About Superfetation (Getting Pregnant While Pregnant)
- pulseTwins Of Same-Sex Parents Are Able To Feed Them, Thanks To Induced Lactation
- prenatalMonochorionic Monoamniotic (MoMo) Twins: Diagnosis, Complications And Treatment
- prenatalVanishing Twin Syndrome: Symptoms, Signs and Effects
- prenatalCan You Miscarry One Twin And Carry The Other To The Full Term?
- prenatalImportant Things To Know About Twin Pregnancy
- newsCondition Of Conjoined Twins From Odisha Stable After Surgery
- lifeA Married Couple Realised They Are Twins!!