Have you ever got the crazy thought of your bones vanishing one fine day? No, right? But we bring in a unique case of a woman whose bones seemed to disappear!
This strange case of a woman's bones disappearing seems to baffle the medics, as the x-ray shows the bones disappearing over a period of time!
Check out the details of the mysterious medical condition of the woman whose bones seemed to disappear.
The Mysterious Case
It is reported that the 44-year-old woman was previously healthy. She consulted a doctor when she experienced increasing pain in her left shoulder. During the X-ray, medics saw a lesion in her humerus bone, which is the bone in the upper arm. It was assumed to be cancer. But her biopsy results didn't show cancer. After several months, she underwent another biopsy, which revealed a benign blood vessel tumour.
She Continued Having Pain
The woman continued to have pain and swelling in her arm for several months. Her bone apparently started getting fractured from just minor injuries. About 18 months when the doctors went through all the scans over the period of time, the doctors realised that her bones were vanishing! Both her humerus and her ulnar bone seemed to be disappearing on the X-ray report. The reports also showed that blood vessel growths were replacing her bone tissue.
The Doctors Diagnosed Her With
The unnamed woman was diagnosed with Gorham-Stout disease, which is also known as "vanishing bone disease." It is revealed that, it is an extremely rare condition, in which people experience progressive bone loss.
The Cause For This Condition Is Not Known
The medics are yet to learn about the actual cause that leads to this bizarre condition. According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD), it is reported that no genetic or environmental changes are believed to trigger this rare disease.
People Suffering From This Condition Experience...
Doctors claim that people who suffer from this condition experience abnormal growth of blood vessels and lymphatic vessel.
There's No Treatment For The Same
Apparently, the researchers claim that there is no standard treatment for the condition. In a few cases, surgery has been suggested where the affected bone areas are removed and radiation treatment is done to prevent the disease from spreading.
What do you think of this case? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Reasons Why Your Relationships Get Spoilt According To Your Zodiac
- The Most Weird Temples Found In India
- Be With These Individuals According To Your Zodiac Sign
- Heard About The Strange 'Sleeping Beauty' Illness In Sweden?
- Uses Of Condoms That None Of Us Have Thought Of
- Zodiacs That Come Together But Fizz Out Due To Compatibility Issues
- Your Weekly Predictions For April 15th-22nd
- The New Moon Turns Over A New Leaf In Your Love Life This Weekend!
- Real-life Stories: He Lost $1.9M Bullying Case After Claiming His Boss Farted On Him!
- Qualities That Attract Your Soulmate To You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- On TANTRIK's ADVICE Man Swallowed Mobile And Other Metal Objects!
- Mid-April Love Predictions For Each Zodiac Sign
- Real-life Stories: She Told Him It Was Small And He Cut It OFF!