- 7 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 37 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- 2 hrs ago 11 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Insults Karan Johar As He Praises Kangana Ranaut & Extends An Olive Branch To Her
- News Cabinet approves raising abortion upper limit to 24 weeks; bill to be tabled in next Parl session
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces take on Chennai Superstarz
- Technology HyperX Fury Ultra Gaming Mouse Pad With 360-Degree RGB Lighting Launched In India
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
This is the story of the 'pint-sized man' whose actual name is "Manpreet Singh." He just weighs 5 kg and is 60 cm tall. His cheeky smile grabs the attention of all and his innocence can make one feel pity on him. But his witty tricks will make you realise that he is a real prankster as well!
Well, this is the story of a young man who is 23 years old. He lives in a small village in India and is believed to get the attention and love of his villagers, as they believe he is an incarnation of the Gods.
Check out more details about his story...
He Was Born In India
The young man hails from Mansa in the northwestern Indian state of Punjab. He just weighs 5 kg and is 60 cm tall. Due to his stunted growth, he cannot walk and he can only speak a very few words like "maa" and "mama". Since he cannot walk properly, he must be carried everywhere.
He Is Also Called The 'Pint-Sized Man'
When Manpreet was born, he was healthy at birth, but he apparently stopped growing after a year before he could start walking or talking. He now needs to be taken care of like a toddler and should be carried everywhere by his uncle and aunt.
A Little More About Him
Manpreet is said to suffer from swollen palms, feet and he has a large face with saggy skin. His uncle reveals that he is only able to say a few words and he primarily communicates through gestures. Manpreet can laugh, scream and cry; however, he cannot talk or have a conversation.
About His Family
Manpreet has a sister, who has just turned 17 and he also has a brother named Mangaldeep. Both these siblings seem to be physically and mentally developed. Apparently, Manpreet stays with his aunt and uncle, as he is happier with them. His aunt revealed that though they drop Manpreet at his residence, a couple of times, he gets sad and refuses to eat food, and when he is with them, he is in his best joyful state. Hence, they've adopted him.
People Worship Him
The locals in his adopted home are believed to worship Manpreet, as they think that he is an incarnation of God. Many villagers regularly visit to his home and receive the blessings from him. There are several videos on social media that show a steady stream of devotees visiting him and kneeling before him. It is also seen on how Manpreet playfully pats on the head of the devotees.
About His Condition
Doctors believe that young Manpreet could be suffering from "Laron Syndrome", which is a rare genetic condition. But, unfortunately, he is yet to be diagnosed, as he comes from a very poor background and his family is unable to pay for the preliminary investigations, which could cost them more than £5000.
About The Condition
People living with "Laron Syndrome" suffer from lack of a hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1, or IGF-1. These hormones are said to stimulate the cell growth and divide to form new cells.
His Family's Take On His Condition
The family has been worried about his condition and his future, hence they visit various different doctors, but again due to lack of funds, they tend to let go of the tests and treatments they are asked to get done for him.
Wish to read more such interesting stories? Then, let us know in the comment section below.