2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, kick started yesterday. The event was marked by Google, and it celebrates the occasion with a doodle on its homepage relating to the essence of the Olympics.
With each day for the 17 days' event, it is revealed that Google will release a new doodle, each day, to mark the event with animated snow games.
In today's doodle, Google has released another of such an animation to mark the second day.
Read on to know more on this.
The Doodle Illustrates A Magpie!
Today's doodle illustrates a Magpie, which is a turtle. It is believed to be a good luck symbol in Korea. So, this keeps us hooked on to what the rest of the 16 doodles have in store for us!
The Google Blog Revealed This…
Google revealed in its blog about the doodle, which said: "After a slow start in these games, Turtle is determined to curl with the best of them. This amateur turned profe-shell-nel athlete has stepped into the rink sporting a stone-y look of concentration."
This Is The 2nd Doodle Of The Event
This doodle is said to be the 2nd in a series of 17 doodles that are to follow for the winter games, as Google blog has revealed there will be one marking every day of the Winter Olympics, that is, from February 9th to February 25th.
This Event Is Happening for The First Time in South Korea
This is the first time that South Korea is hosting the gaming event, which occurs in a span of four years once, with summer and winter sport competitions occurring alternatively.
So, watch out for this space to know more about the doodles that will be coming up in the days to come.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!