When you are exploring new places, what happens when you find a mysterious place where things seem to look perfect and beautiful and a closer look at the place would make you realise something is missing?
Well, a bizarre lake named Lake Natron in Africa can leave you stunned when you look at the animals found around the lake.
Most of the animals seen around this lake or in the lake seem to be calcified! Check out on what makes this place so bizarre.
This Lake Is A Breeding Ground…
According to researchers, Lake Natron is said to serve as a breeding ground for the Lesser Flamingo. Apart from this, it serves as a breeding ground for various types of bacteria and algae.
What Is Different About This Place?
Lake Natron is actually a ‘Soda Lake or alkaline lake.' This means that it has extraordinarily high concentrations of carbonate salts. This in turn calcifies the animals that visit the lake and preserves their bodies in the perfect condition.
A Photographer Who Documented This Lake Revealed…
The photographer Nick Brandt who documented the lake for over a period of time revealed: "The water has an extremely high soda and salt content, so high that it would strip the ink off my Kodak film boxes within a few seconds."
The Temperature Here Is Really Hot!
The temperature at this lake is said to be nearly boiling. Scientists have revealed that the temperature and humidity is really high and the temperature can go up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit!
The Scientific Factor That Plays The Vital Role
The actual reason for the animals to calcify is mainly due to the high temperature and the pH level of the lake, which is said to be 10.5. Such drastic levels are said to cause horrible burns to the eye and skin of the animals, as they are not adapted to such high levels of alkalinity!
Animals Look Like Stones Here
It is said that the animals that are both on the shore and floating in the water look like as though they have been turned into a stone. The soda and salt levels present in the lake cause the creatures to calcify and, as a result, they are perfectly preserved, as they dry.
Wish to know about more such mysterious things happening around in our planet? Then, keep watching our space for more updates.
- UFO Captured In A Stunning Sunset Time-lapse Video
- Couple Goals: Wife Gifts Husband EnChroma Glasses
- Mum Put A Recorder In Her Son’s Bag To Record Bullying By Teacher
- Elephant Rushed To Rescue Her Caretaker When He Was Attacked!
- Kid Giggles Every Time His Parents Kiss Each Other
- Funny Video Of Thief Breaking His Leg While Trying To Break In
- Crazy Video Of Hairless Chimpanzees Fighting
- Beautiful Father-daughter Moment Shared During The Bride's Dance
- Reality Check Of Things That You See Online: They Are Far From Reality
- Man Got His Penis Removed As It Was A Hindrance For Getting A Tattoo
- Real Life Story: Customer Refused To Tip Waiter With A ‘Muslim Name’
- Video Of Crows Having Sex With A Dead Crow!