When you are exploring new places, what happens when you find a mysterious place where things seem to look perfect and beautiful and a closer look at the place would make you realise something is missing?
Well, a bizarre lake named Lake Natron in Africa can leave you stunned when you look at the animals found around the lake.
Most of the animals seen around this lake or in the lake seem to be calcified! Check out on what makes this place so bizarre.
This Lake Is A Breeding Ground…
According to researchers, Lake Natron is said to serve as a breeding ground for the Lesser Flamingo. Apart from this, it serves as a breeding ground for various types of bacteria and algae.
What Is Different About This Place?
Lake Natron is actually a ‘Soda Lake or alkaline lake.' This means that it has extraordinarily high concentrations of carbonate salts. This in turn calcifies the animals that visit the lake and preserves their bodies in the perfect condition.
A Photographer Who Documented This Lake Revealed…
The photographer Nick Brandt who documented the lake for over a period of time revealed: "The water has an extremely high soda and salt content, so high that it would strip the ink off my Kodak film boxes within a few seconds."
The Temperature Here Is Really Hot!
The temperature at this lake is said to be nearly boiling. Scientists have revealed that the temperature and humidity is really high and the temperature can go up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit!
The Scientific Factor That Plays The Vital Role
The actual reason for the animals to calcify is mainly due to the high temperature and the pH level of the lake, which is said to be 10.5. Such drastic levels are said to cause horrible burns to the eye and skin of the animals, as they are not adapted to such high levels of alkalinity!
Animals Look Like Stones Here
It is said that the animals that are both on the shore and floating in the water look like as though they have been turned into a stone. The soda and salt levels present in the lake cause the creatures to calcify and, as a result, they are perfectly preserved, as they dry.
Wish to know about more such mysterious things happening around in our planet? Then, keep watching our space for more updates.
- Woman Drinks Her Urine Every Day And Claims She Lost Weight!
- This Heartbreaking Photo Raised A Fund Of 5 Million In Two Days!
- WTF! Woman Accidentally Poured Hot Chilli Sauce On Her Man’s Private Part!
- Man Born Without Penis Loses His Virginity At The Age Of 44
- A Triangle On These 5 Places Of Your Palm Indicates This
- Do You Know That Your Palm's Colour Says A Lot About Your Health & Fate?
- Her Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Have A Name Yet
- Unheard Phobias That Exist!
- 5 Lucky Signs On Your Palm That Reveal Life Secrets
- This Open Prison Allows Inmates To Live With Family And Go Out To Work!
- Man Who Eats 3 Kg Of Mud, Rocks And A Brick Every Day
- 5 L Petrol Was Gifted To This Newly Wed Couple