- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 6 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Sports Have a lot of respect for Sourav and to hell with those who don't understand: Ravi Shastri
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
There are many illogical things that happen in the world. But the superstition and beliefs that Indians follow are something way beyond one's imagination.
The devotees can go to any extremes, when it comes to pleasing their deity. One such offering is of alcohol to a God, and this God is known as the Drunken God Of India!
Devotes bring liquor bottles with them as they present these to the deity here. Check out the details about this unique temple where the idol is offered alcohol and the god is fondly known as the drunken god of India!
This Temple Is In Ujjain
The Kaal Bhairav temple is located in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. This temple is dedicated to Kaal Bhairav, who is the guardian deity of the city. This temple was built by Badrasemnan, and it is also known as the mysterious ancient Hindu temple.
Devotees Carry Alcohol Here To Offer To The Lord
The devotees carry alcohol at this temple, and they are given ‘prasad'. The most interesting fact about this God is that he drinks alcohol! When you visit this temple you can see street-side vendors selling alcohol publicly.
About The God...
Bhairav is considered to be a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva in Hinduism. Kaal Bhairav was one of the chiefs among the eight Bhairavs, hence he is worshipped.
The devotees offer the bottle to the priest, after which he pours it into a plate before placing it near the mouth of the idol. The entire alcohol bottle is offered to the God and one cannot understand where this liquor goes to; but it has been happening since years.
Many Researchers Have Not Got The Answer Yet!
The priests who work in the temple have revealed that there have been many researchers and scientists who've visited the place to find out where the alcohol goes to, but they are left without an answer, as it remains a mystery still.
What do you think happens here? Do let us know in the comment section below.