- Sports Messi hat-trick breaks La Liga record as Barca put five past Mallorca
- News Law and order has broken down, Modi is 'mute', says Cong as crimes against women continues
- Technology Netflix Plans To Invest Rs. 3,000 Crore On Content In India
- Movies Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners List: Sriti Jha, Shabbir, Dheeraj, Shraddha & Others Bag Awards
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
With all the chaos around money, people are yet to come to terms with the sudden decision of banning the 500 and 1000 rupee notes. In all this, we wonder if anybody has ever got a thought as to why only Gandhiji's picture is printed on the Indian currency notes, old or new ones alike?
It has been a tradition for every country that they put their famous leaders, fighters and their Presidents on the currency notes, as a mark of respect and gratitude for their enormous contribution towards the country. This is something that every nation follows.
Also Read: A Man Accidentally Adopted A Wolf!
When it comes to India, there are many other people who have contributed to the betterment of India. Be it Shahid Bhagat Singh, Chandrashekar Azad, Subhash Chandra Bose, etc., who have changed the thinking of every Indian.
These freedom fighters and leaders who sowed the seed of patriotism in the younger generation of India also helped us get freedom from British rule.
Amidst all this, we still wonder why does the Indian government have only Gandhiji's picture printed on all the currency notes?
This was the perfect time for the government to change the face of the currency notes, yet they chose not to do so and instead just modified it.
This is a sheer example that India is still lacking behind in praising and appreciating the unsung heroes who have contributed for the betterment of India or have done good to the nation.
Also Read: Adorable Video Of Twins Fighting In Womb!
We need to learn from other nations, where you would see various faces on the currency notes. These are the people who have not only contributed to the nation in any political way, but also helped the nation improve in various ways.
Unfortunately, India is the only country that does not have any other currency notes than Mahatma Gandhi being printed on the same. It is a sad condition in the Indian history where people have already forgotten the great names of those other few fighters who have made India what it is today!
We still fail to understand as to why the rest of the great personalities are not given the same respect as Mahatma Gandhi is. Or is it that the nation has just not moved ahead since 1947?
We leave you to decide if this needs to be changed now. Do let us know your feedback in the comment section below.