- 8 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- 8 hrs ago Side Effects Of Waxing You Should Know About
- 9 hrs ago Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- 9 hrs ago B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- News Aadhaar: UIDAI issues notices to 127 people in Hyderabad
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 10 Days Collection Report: Dulquer Salmaan Strikes Gold Again!
- Finance Global Gold Price Climbs To Its One-Month High; Jumps Rs. 700 On MCX
- Sports Guardiola 'always fulfils his contracts' - agent hints at Man City stay
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
A positive work environment is something that we all like to have in the workplace. However, it is not easy to make the work environment positive when your co-workers have uncomfortable discussions. We all are guilty of small crimes. When your boss gives you your salary letter, he/she usually says, 'Please keep it confidential'. However, we all discuss our salary with our colleagues.
Can you discuss your salary with your colleagues without causing any problems? The answer is a firm 'no'. Salary discussions are uncomfortable and always end up badly. When you discuss salary with your colleagues you are in a way, gossiping.
Here are some reasons why you should not tell your co-workers your salary.
Disturbs your peace of mind
When you come to know that your co-worker gets more money than you, you will be mentally disturbed. This will affect your work and your performance will go down. So, your chances of getting an increment will also get screwed.
When your best friend fails, you feel bad for him/her. But when your best friend comes first, you start feeling bad for yourself. Your colleagues are also like your friends. So, when when you come to know that your best friend at work got a stellar increment and you didn't, it is bound to scar your friendship.
Salary is a topic that totally polarises people. There are bound to be comparisons and eventually these bipolar comparisons do not lead to any good conclusion. Comparing your salary with your colleagues is not the best way to know your worth. Learn your market rate by speaking to other professionals and appearing for a couple of job interviews.
You can tell your salary to your colleagues, but it will eventually only lead to negativity. So why would you even go there.
These are some reasons why you should not discuss your salary with your co-workers.