- 5 hrs ago Durga Puja 2020: Know What Is Durga Balidan And Its SIgnificance
- 8 hrs ago Dussehra 2020: Muhurta, Legends And Significance Of This Festival
- 9 hrs ago Ayudha Puja 2020: Here's The Muhurta, Puja Vidhi And Significance Of This Festival
- 10 hrs ago What Is A Padsicle? How To Make And Use It To Soothe Postpartum Pain
- Technology Week 43, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO A33, iQOO U1x, HUAWEI Mate 40 And More
- Sports Sunrisers Hyderabad captain David Warner says the defeat against Punjab hurts but need to move on
- News Bihar Elections 2020: Nitish most preferred CM candidate; Tejashwi not far behind
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar: Salman Khan Questions Jaan's Friendship With Nikki Tamboli
- Finance After Failed Delisting, Vedanta Board Approves Interim Dividend
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Automobiles Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
A positive work environment is something that we all like to have in the workplace. However, it is not easy to make the work environment positive when your co-workers have uncomfortable discussions. We all are guilty of small crimes. When your boss gives you your salary letter, he/she usually says, 'Please keep it confidential'. However, we all discuss our salary with our colleagues.
Can you discuss your salary with your colleagues without causing any problems? The answer is a firm 'no'. Salary discussions are uncomfortable and always end up badly. When you discuss salary with your colleagues you are in a way, gossiping.
Here are some reasons why you should not tell your co-workers your salary.
Disturbs your peace of mind
When you come to know that your co-worker gets more money than you, you will be mentally disturbed. This will affect your work and your performance will go down. So, your chances of getting an increment will also get screwed.
When your best friend fails, you feel bad for him/her. But when your best friend comes first, you start feeling bad for yourself. Your colleagues are also like your friends. So, when when you come to know that your best friend at work got a stellar increment and you didn't, it is bound to scar your friendship.
Salary is a topic that totally polarises people. There are bound to be comparisons and eventually these bipolar comparisons do not lead to any good conclusion. Comparing your salary with your colleagues is not the best way to know your worth. Learn your market rate by speaking to other professionals and appearing for a couple of job interviews.
You can tell your salary to your colleagues, but it will eventually only lead to negativity. So why would you even go there.
These are some reasons why you should not discuss your salary with your co-workers.