- 56 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 3 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- News 10 children died of mysterious disease in J&K
- Finance India's Forex Reserve Rises To A Record High Of $461.2 Billion
- Sports India vs Australia 3rd ODI: Preview, Dream11, Fantasy tips, Probable XI, Live telecast & streaming
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Why some stars burn bright, long, long after their talent has faded - if it ever was there to begin with. Why their contemporaries fail to accomplish that? The simple reason for this is that people need something to talk about.
Human desire to find common ground in conversation pushes individuals to discuss already popular people. Famous or well-known stars will become more prominent than unknown stars. In the market of popular culture, quality dictates the difference between popularity and obscurity.
People's conversation could drive fame, independent of quality! Most people conversed about popular but under-performing artists rather than more obscure artists who put up amazing numbers. Prominent people stay popular for longer than they ought to because they serve as conversational fodder, which in turn drives more media coverage.
of Stanford University in California conducted this study.