- 1 hr ago Amid Fire Breakout In AIIMS, Doctors Helped A Woman Deliver A Baby Girl
- 1 hr ago World Photography Day 2019: Best Travel Photographers on Instagram To Follow
- 1 day ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- Movies Maidaan: Ajay Devgn's Biopic On Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim Gets A Title; Film Goes On Floors!
- Technology Huawei Nova 5T With Punch-Hole Display Shows Up On Android Enterprise Website
- Finance Economists And Fund Managers Expect Recession In 2020 Or 2021
- Automobiles Indian FTR 1200S & FTR 1200 Race Replica Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 15.99 Lakh
- Sports MS Dhoni returns after completing his stint with Indian Army, reunites with daughter Ziva: See pics
- News Video: Man survives after being struck by lightning
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
A call to all bookworms, today is your day! Books are the best way to escape from the world and spend a loving date reading it. This day is just meant to keep your smartphones aside, pull your favourite book out from the shelf and treat yourself with some quality reading time. Who wants other forms of happiness when the purest form of happiness is just between the pages?
To celebrate our love for books, every year 'National Book Lovers Day' is observed on 9 August. As today is the day, let's get some amazing tips and ideas on how to celebrate the day and make your day worth it.
Check this message from the space on National Book Lovers Day.
Tomorrow is #NationalBookLoversDay & we love a good book. Especially when it's read to us by an astronaut floating on the @Space_Station! Check out "Story Time From Space" for a library of videos to watch & read along with. https://t.co/r18ViyLjvn pic.twitter.com/7EguPqQf8L— NASA STEM Engagement (@NASASTEM) August 8, 2019
How To Celebrate National Book Lovers Day
- If you are a book lover, treat yourself with a new favourite book. If you have a book lover person in your life, gift them a book which they would appreciate.
- Clean the bookshelves in order to show some respect towards the day and your love for them.
- No matter how busy you are, take a time out to go on a great adventure with your loving book. Don't forget to wear your favourite pyjamas while reading and a cup of coffee.
- Throwing a book-themed party is not a bad idea.
- Get your name registered in the nearest library to avoid spending more on buying books.
- Encourage people in your life to make books their best friends.
- Distribute your old books with friends or participate in the book exchange to encourage the day.
Why Celebrate National Book Lovers Day
- Books make us think beyond the time and space: Books are powerful as they make us travel the past, present, and future while we are on a couch wearing a pyjama.
- Books understand us: "You think your pain and heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read," said James Baldwin, an American novelist. Books are those friends who make us feel more alive and introduces us to the world.
- Reading a book is better than seeing a movie: Movies may not justify the actual emotion but books do. Reading a book is the best option as it justifies every emotion of a reader.
Twitterati On National Book Lovers Day
It’s #NationalBookLoversDay and to celebrate I am giving away a signed copy of my book The Mind Makeover. 📖😃— Sharron Lowe (@SharronLoweUK) August 9, 2019
To enter all you need to do it LIKE this post and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. #win pic.twitter.com/co4CBF7nqA