- 22 min ago Bhumi Pednekar And Dia Mirza Make Us Want To Buy Summer Dresses In Winters
- 29 min ago Cytotron: Anti-Cancer Device Invented By Indian Scientist, Becomes A 'Breakthrough Device' In US
- 39 min ago Syphilis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
- 1 hr ago Lady Gaga In Bold And Vivid Make-up Look Sets The Instagram On Fire
- Sports Hong Kong Open: Sindhu, Prannoy advance to second round
- Movies Panipat Song 'Mard Maratha': This Arjun Kapoor-Kriti Sanon Song Depicts Maratha Glory & Legacy
- News Sabarimala review verdict LIVE: SC judgment on Thursday
- Technology Apple AirPods Pro Now Available For Rs. 24,900 In India; Should You Buy?
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Buyers Are Offered Free Fast Charging For A Limited Period In India
- Finance Inflation May Have Risen On High Food Prices, Hurting Economy Further
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
A call to all bookworms, today is your day! Books are the best way to escape from the world and spend a loving date reading it. This day is just meant to keep your smartphones aside, pull your favourite book out from the shelf and treat yourself with some quality reading time. Who wants other forms of happiness when the purest form of happiness is just between the pages?
To celebrate our love for books, every year 'National Book Lovers Day' is observed on 9 August. As today is the day, let's get some amazing tips and ideas on how to celebrate the day and make your day worth it.
Check this message from the space on National Book Lovers Day.
Tomorrow is #NationalBookLoversDay & we love a good book. Especially when it's read to us by an astronaut floating on the @Space_Station! Check out "Story Time From Space" for a library of videos to watch & read along with. https://t.co/r18ViyLjvn pic.twitter.com/7EguPqQf8L— NASA STEM Engagement (@NASASTEM) August 8, 2019
How To Celebrate National Book Lovers Day
- If you are a book lover, treat yourself with a new favourite book. If you have a book lover person in your life, gift them a book which they would appreciate.
- Clean the bookshelves in order to show some respect towards the day and your love for them.
- No matter how busy you are, take a time out to go on a great adventure with your loving book. Don't forget to wear your favourite pyjamas while reading and a cup of coffee.
- Throwing a book-themed party is not a bad idea.
- Get your name registered in the nearest library to avoid spending more on buying books.
- Encourage people in your life to make books their best friends.
- Distribute your old books with friends or participate in the book exchange to encourage the day.
Why Celebrate National Book Lovers Day
- Books make us think beyond the time and space: Books are powerful as they make us travel the past, present, and future while we are on a couch wearing a pyjama.
- Books understand us: "You think your pain and heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read," said James Baldwin, an American novelist. Books are those friends who make us feel more alive and introduces us to the world.
- Reading a book is better than seeing a movie: Movies may not justify the actual emotion but books do. Reading a book is the best option as it justifies every emotion of a reader.
Twitterati On National Book Lovers Day
It’s #NationalBookLoversDay and to celebrate I am giving away a signed copy of my book The Mind Makeover. 📖😃— Sharron Lowe (@SharronLoweUK) August 9, 2019
To enter all you need to do it LIKE this post and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. #win pic.twitter.com/co4CBF7nqA