- 45 min ago Daily Horoscope, 14 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Anne Heche - Decoding The Late Actress' ‘Effortless’ Style
- 13 hrs ago Qualities In Men Who Know How To Handle Relationships Well
- 14 hrs ago Salman Rushdie Hospitalised: 15 Facts About The Author Of 'The Satanic Verses'
- Finance 12 Stocks To Buy Next Week As Recommended By Top Brokerage Houses
- Sports Premier League: Brentford humiliate Manchester United with 4-0 thrashing
- Movies Shefali Shah On Playing Akshay Kumar's Mom In Waqt: I Have Nobody To Blame
- News Karnataka's Vidhana Soudha illuminated in Tricolour
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Sale: Best Deals On iQOO, OnePlus, Samsung & Xiaomi Phones
- Travel Benbulbin: Ireland's Prime Attraction
- Education TS EAMCET Result 2022 Declared @eamcet.tsche.ac.in; Check Scorecard Here
- Automobiles Ola Electric Car Teaser Video Out
McDonald's, one of the most famous fast food chains worldwide, has recently come up with a new rule in which they have restricted the entry of minors, or those under the age of 18, after 5:00 pm, unless accompanied by an adult.
The reason behind the restriction on minors is said to be their 'anti-social behaviours. The incident occurred at McDonald's in Church Street, Liverpool, England.
According to the management of the food company, the decision was made in response to verbal and physical abuse directed at employees.
Verbal abuse includes yelling, name-calling, downgrading remarks, cruelty and offensive or obscene language. It also includes harassing remarks about race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Physical abuse is an act that causes bodily harm or trauma to another person or animal.
A spokesperson at the burger giant told a leading American news company that there had been an increase in cases of anti-social behaviour by minors, and the company's employees were verbally and physically abused.
"We have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to crime and anti-social behaviour, and have temporarily restricted restaurant access to U18s from 5 pm. This decision was not taken lightly and we are working closely with the police to find a resolution and help reduce these incidents," the spokesperson said.
Prohibiting children and teenagers from entering restaurants is not new in some countries. In September 2021, a burger restaurant in California restricted the entry of teenagers under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an adult, because someone had smoked marijuana in the bathroom.