- 53 min ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 1 hr ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- 2 hrs ago CPAP In Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Benefits And Risks Of The CPAP Machine
- 3 hrs ago Ali Fazal And Richa Chadha Pick Ethnic Style For Their Cocktail Bash; See Pictures Here
- Sports El Clasico fan experience comes back to Mumbai
- Finance Brokerage Recommends Buy This Multibagger Small-Cap Stock, Shares Can Surge 54%
- News Pakistan Government’s Twitter account withheld in India
- Movies Big Boss 16: Rakhi Sawant Doesn't Want The Trophy, But Has A Special Request For Salman Khan
- Automobiles 2023 BMW S1000RR Arrives With More Power, New Aero & Clever Sliding Tech
- Education 110 Specialist Officers Vacancy in Central Bank of India CBI: Eligibility, How to Apply, Selection Process
- Technology Amazon October Edition Spin and Win Quiz Answers; Win Apple iPad Air
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Every year 16 October is observed as World Food Day worldwide. The day marks the anniversary of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, established in 1945. The da The celebration of this day aims at eradicating malnutrition and food shortage.
On this World Food Day, we are to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
In the year 1979, the members of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, founded the World Food Day during the 20th conference. It was then decided that the day will be observed every year on 16 October. However, it was on 5 December 1980, when the members of the UN agreed to observe this day. Thus, World Food Day is being celebrated from the year 1981 to emphasise the importance of Food.
In order to observe the Day in a better way and spread awareness regarding the issues related to food, every year a theme is decided for this day. Though the theme for World Food Day 2020 isn't yet revealed, people are hoping the theme will be decided by keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind. It will be focusing on providing nutritious food to those who have little to no access to a healthy and proper diet. Also, the day will be celebrated by ensuring that each and everyone works together to eradicate hunger and malnutrition from the world.
- The day is observed with an intention of spreading awareness about the condition of people who are suffering from nutrition deficiencies.
- It also emphasises the need of making necessary food items available to every single human present on this earth.
- Efforts are made to make people understand the importance of consuming healthy and nutritious food.
- The main objective of observing this day is to make food a basic right of every human being.
- Several programmes, campaigns, ad films and short movies are released to spread awareness about the issues related to malnutrition and food shortage.
- nutritionWorld Food Day 2019: History And How It Is Celebrated
- pulseNavratri 2022: IRCTC's Special Vrat Thali On Train Is A Complete Delight For Passengers: Check The Price Here!
- wellnessDid You Know Adding Table Salt To Food Can Cut Years Off Your Life?
- diet fitnessHow Does Food Affect Our Hormones? Types Of Food To Avoid And Dietary Tips
- wellnessComplete Disclosure Of Food Article Being Veg Or Non-veg Must: Delhi High Court
- nutritionHow To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap - Without Giving Up Nutrients
- diabetes10 Winter Superfoods That Can Help Control Diabetes
- diet fitnessWhy Diet Is the Most Important Part Of Fitness
- healthExpert Interview: Nutritionist Explains The Connection Between Food, Skin And Beauty [Exclusive]
- wellness10 Things That Happen To Your Body And Mind When You Don't Eat Enough Food
- wellnessOrganic Vs Non-Organic Foods: Pros And Cons And Which One Is Better
- recipesTomato Soup Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home