- 54 min ago Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- 4 hrs ago Sooryanvanshi Promotions: Katrina Kaif Is A Vision In Her White Dress; Her Makeup Is On-Point Too
- 5 hrs ago 7 Signs And Symptoms Of Teething In Babies
- 5 hrs ago Jupiter Direct in Capricorn On 18 October 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Movies When Aishwarya Rai Said Vivek Oberoi Is A 'Brat' And Revealed What Impression He Left On Her As A Co-Star
- Sports No CSK without Dhoni, no Dhoni without CSK: N Srinivasan
- News CBSE Board Exam 2021-22: Board issues clarification against fake datesheet for 10th, 12th
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Technology More Oppo K9s Features Revealed Via Official Teasers; All You Need To Know
- Education KSP Police Constable Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download KSP CPC Admission Hall Ticket Here
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
- Automobiles Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
Every year 16 October is observed as World Food Day worldwide. The day marks the anniversary of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, established in 1945. The da The celebration of this day aims at eradicating malnutrition and food shortage.
On this World Food Day, we are to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
In the year 1979, the members of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, founded the World Food Day during the 20th conference. It was then decided that the day will be observed every year on 16 October. However, it was on 5 December 1980, when the members of the UN agreed to observe this day. Thus, World Food Day is being celebrated from the year 1981 to emphasise the importance of Food.
In order to observe the Day in a better way and spread awareness regarding the issues related to food, every year a theme is decided for this day. Though the theme for World Food Day 2020 isn't yet revealed, people are hoping the theme will be decided by keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind. It will be focusing on providing nutritious food to those who have little to no access to a healthy and proper diet. Also, the day will be celebrated by ensuring that each and everyone works together to eradicate hunger and malnutrition from the world.
- The day is observed with an intention of spreading awareness about the condition of people who are suffering from nutrition deficiencies.
- It also emphasises the need of making necessary food items available to every single human present on this earth.
- Efforts are made to make people understand the importance of consuming healthy and nutritious food.
- The main objective of observing this day is to make food a basic right of every human being.
- Several programmes, campaigns, ad films and short movies are released to spread awareness about the issues related to malnutrition and food shortage.