- 15 min ago Coolie No. 1: Sara Ali Khan And Varun Dhawan Kick Off Promotions In Style And We Love It
- 30 min ago Kelp: Nutrition, Health Benefits And How To Eat
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan’s Tri-coloured Suit Or Dark-Pink Gharara Set, Which One Is A Perfect Festive-Wear?
- 2 hrs ago 9 Interesting Things To Do Before Getting Married
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: MNS Leader Slams Jaan Kumar Sanu For Telling Nikki Tamboli Not To Speak In Marathi
- Technology Netflix Android App To Support Background Playback Feature
- Sports Jones fumes at Khabib being made pound-for-pound No. 1: This is bulls***
- News Bihar Elections 2020: BJP files complaint with EC against Rahul Gandhi's tweet asking for votes
- Finance Govt Makes These Changes To ESIC Rules
- Automobiles Maruti Ertiga BS6 Diesel Tour M Variant Spotted Testing In Harayana: Spy Pics & Details
- Education TN Supplementary Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 SSLC And Class 12 HSC
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In November
Every year 16 October is observed as World Food Day worldwide. The day marks the anniversary of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, established in 1945. The da The celebration of this day aims at eradicating malnutrition and food shortage.
On this World Food Day, we are to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
In the year 1979, the members of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, founded the World Food Day during the 20th conference. It was then decided that the day will be observed every year on 16 October. However, it was on 5 December 1980, when the members of the UN agreed to observe this day. Thus, World Food Day is being celebrated from the year 1981 to emphasise the importance of Food.
In order to observe the Day in a better way and spread awareness regarding the issues related to food, every year a theme is decided for this day. Though the theme for World Food Day 2020 isn't yet revealed, people are hoping the theme will be decided by keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind. It will be focusing on providing nutritious food to those who have little to no access to a healthy and proper diet. Also, the day will be celebrated by ensuring that each and everyone works together to eradicate hunger and malnutrition from the world.
- The day is observed with an intention of spreading awareness about the condition of people who are suffering from nutrition deficiencies.
- It also emphasises the need of making necessary food items available to every single human present on this earth.
- Efforts are made to make people understand the importance of consuming healthy and nutritious food.
- The main objective of observing this day is to make food a basic right of every human being.
- Several programmes, campaigns, ad films and short movies are released to spread awareness about the issues related to malnutrition and food shortage.