- 5 hrs ago Sania Mirza Talks About Marriage, Motherhood And Matches In Latest Issue Of Femina
- 5 hrs ago Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- 5 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aquarius 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Sign
- 5 hrs ago 7 Types Of Cancer That Affect Women
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Semifinals: MCFC vs FCG: Mumbai win battle of nerves to pip Goa to historic final
- News School boundary wall collapse: Six killed, many feared trapped under debris in Bihar's Khagaria
- Movies Amol Gupte On Shraddha Kapoor Leaving Saina: I Will Not Answer This
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Automobiles Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Every year 16 October is observed as World Food Day worldwide. The day marks the anniversary of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, established in 1945. The da The celebration of this day aims at eradicating malnutrition and food shortage.
On this World Food Day, we are to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
In the year 1979, the members of the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organisation, founded the World Food Day during the 20th conference. It was then decided that the day will be observed every year on 16 October. However, it was on 5 December 1980, when the members of the UN agreed to observe this day. Thus, World Food Day is being celebrated from the year 1981 to emphasise the importance of Food.
In order to observe the Day in a better way and spread awareness regarding the issues related to food, every year a theme is decided for this day. Though the theme for World Food Day 2020 isn't yet revealed, people are hoping the theme will be decided by keeping the coronavirus pandemic in mind. It will be focusing on providing nutritious food to those who have little to no access to a healthy and proper diet. Also, the day will be celebrated by ensuring that each and everyone works together to eradicate hunger and malnutrition from the world.
- The day is observed with an intention of spreading awareness about the condition of people who are suffering from nutrition deficiencies.
- It also emphasises the need of making necessary food items available to every single human present on this earth.
- Efforts are made to make people understand the importance of consuming healthy and nutritious food.
- The main objective of observing this day is to make food a basic right of every human being.
- Several programmes, campaigns, ad films and short movies are released to spread awareness about the issues related to malnutrition and food shortage.