- 14 min ago Daily Horoscope, 07 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan's Natural Skincare Ingredient Is A God Given! 2 Ways You Can Use It!
- 11 hrs ago Experimental Breath Test To Detect Lung Cancer: Read About The Latest Scientific Development
- 11 hrs ago 3 Best Nutritional Supplements For Treating Hair Loss
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Goncalo Ramos nets a hattrick as Portugal win 6-1 to book quarterfinal berth
- News Delhi MCD Election Results 2022 LIVE: Will AAP end BJP's 15-year rule? Counting at 8 am
- Finance ICICI Securities Recommends Buy This Multibagger Midcap Engineering Stock, Sees Robust Gains
- Travel Unbelievable Things You Never Knew About Matterhorn Mountain
- Movies Pawan Kalyan’s Next: Fans Demand Makers To Rope In Anirudh Ravichander To Compose Music
- Education UPSC Mains 2022 Results Declared, 2079 Candidates qualified for Interview
- Automobiles Top 3 Crowd-Pullers At The India Bike Week 2022 – 822cc Himalayan & More
- Technology Realme UI 4.0 To Debut On December 8 In India: List Of Eligible Devices
International Yoga Day is a yearly event that is observed on 21 June every year. The day coincides with the Summer Solstice every year. It was in 2015 when the celebration for Yoga Day first began. For those who don't know, International Yoga Day is a global event and the preparations begin 3-4 months prior to the day. Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read on.
International Yoga Day 2022: History
In 2014, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed to observe 21 June as the International Yoga Day. He made the proposal during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly. He referred to Yoga as an "invaluable gift of India's ancient tradition". The proposal was backed by 177 nations. In the same year, the United Nations mandated the day to be observed across the world.
International Yoga Day 2022: Theme
The theme for International Yoga Day 2021 will be "Yoga For Humanity". The theme seems quite relevant in these covid times. The theme has been decided after numerous consultations and it portrays how yoga served humanity in alleviating sufferings during Covid-19, announced PM Narendra Modi in his monthly 'Mann Ki Baat' address.
International Yoga Day 2022: Significance
- People observe this day by participating in Yoga practice organised on a large scale.
- Several seminars and practice sessions are organised to make people aware of the benefits of Yoga.
- The reason behind choosing 21 June for this event was to mark the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. Since it is the longest day of the year and holds great significance in most parts of the world, PM Modi proposed to observe International Yoga Day on the same date.
- At present, people across the world have acknowledged the benefits of practicing yoga.
- These days, people are making careers in the field of Yoga and meditation.
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
- skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: How To Do Yoga At Home?
- diet fitnessUnion Health Minister To Lead International Yoga Day Celebrations At Statue Of Unity In Gujarat’s Kevadia
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Beneficial Yoga Poses For People With Parkinson’s Disease
- diet fitnessInternational Women's Day: 7 Yoga Poses To Induce Periods Naturally
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- diabetesEffective Yoga Asanas Diabetics Should Try
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Interesting Facts Related To Yoga That You May Not Be Knowing