- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 39 Update - Luxury Budget Task Day 3
- Technology Buying Guide: Best 64MP Rear Camera Smartphones To Buy In India
- Sports Sunil Chhetri doing his best despite being 35, he's not going anywhere: India Head Coach Igor Stimac
- News Bengaluru: 20-year-old college student stabbed to death over brawl during cricket match
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Automobiles Mumbai Traffic Police To Arrest Motorists With Unpaid Traffic Fines: Too Strict?
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Every time a legend passes away, the nation mourns the death while the millennials are unsure of the great work they would have served the country with.
One such great personality is that of Mr George Fernandes who was also the Defence Minister of India.
Since the nation is mourning his death, we are here to share some of the lesser-known facts about the great legend.
Check it out...
He Was Known For His Simplicity
George Mathew Fernandes was known for his simplicity. He would do the dishes and wash clothes even as a union minister.
He Was Elected 9 Times
George Mathew Fernandes was elected nine times to the Lok Sabha. He was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1967. He held high portfolios such as communications, industry, and railways, apart from serving as Defence Minister.
He Was A Long-time Socialist
He was a long-time socialist, who rose to political prominence when he was the leader at the Bombay Taxi Unions Association. He defeated "Uncrowned King of Bombay" S.K. Patil, who was a Congress heavy-weight in the 1967 general election.
He Disguised Himself To Avoid Getting Arrested
To avoid being arrested during the 1975-77 Emergency, he went into hiding as a Sikh man, with beard and turban and as a result, he did not get caught.
He Suffered From Alzheimer's Disease
It is reported that Fernandes was apparently suffering from Alzheimer's disease. He had been out of the public eye and has been bedridden for more than eight years.