- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- News India can’t be refugee capital of India, Centre tells SC on NRC matter
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Technology Google To Boost Pixel 4 Smartphone Series With 6GB Of RAM
- Automobiles 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
There are so many health conditions that we are not aware of, and a few genetic problems are quite shocking.
Here, we are sharing the story of a young woman named Kiana Smith whose childhood was ruined due to a birthmark that was right on her face.
Kiana Smith's condition is called a port wine stain and is caused by a genetic problem.
Check out the story of how she underwent surgeries to get rid of the rare genetic problem.
She Was Called 'Purple People Eater'
Kiana Smith's birthmark, which is also called port wine stain, has ruined her entire childhood. Her birthmark started to swell as she hit her puberty and the mark became bulky. As a result, people started calling her 'purple people eater'!
About Port Wine Stains
According to researchers, port wine stains is a condition that is caused by genes, and it generally begins as a flat purple or red mark on the skin. And over a period of time, it becomes more prominent, darker or more raised. The condition is caused by the overdeveloped blood vessels under the skin. The condition can occur anywhere on the body. It is also found that about 65 per cent of them appear on a person's head or neck when compared to the rest of the body.
The Birthmark Was Really Huge
The birthmark had grown really huge, and it covered half of her face, her bottom lip and even her neck. It became so bad that it made it hard for her even to eat or see. Over a period of time, she started having a problem with the vision in her left eye.
She Is Undergoing Laser Therapy Now
Even though Kiana is currently undergoing laser therapy and also had multiple surgeries to get rid of her rare genetic condition, her mark seems to grow back still.
Now She Is An Ambassador For The Vascular Birthmark Foundation
After undergoing laser surgeries, she now has the confidence to speak in public, and now she has become an ambassador for the Vascular Birthmark Foundation.
We from Boldsky wish her all the best to become successful. Want to read more interesting stories like these? Then check our section Insync as we have exciting stories in store for you.