In the Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva is considered to be a part of the Trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. He is considered to be the one who gives moksha to his devotees. He is believed to relieve the devotees from the cycle of birth and death.
Lord Shiva is also known as "Mahesh - The God of destruction, " and is also believed to be a symbol of mercy.
There are certain powerful mantras of this Lord that can fetch you good luck and power for the coming year.
Chanting mantras that are dedicated to Lord Shiva helps us overcome the troubles in our lives. Here are some of the most powerful mantras that you can start chanting on this coming year.
The “Panchakshari Shiva Mantra”
"Om Namah Shiva": This mantra means that the soul is being filled with love and happiness and without any devotion to hatred, craving, selfishness, jealousy, anger and temptation. Chanting this mantra 108 times will cleanse the soul and get bestowed by the Lord.
The “Rudra Shiva Mantra”
"Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya": This powerful mantra is best used to please Lord Shiva. One needs to chant this Rudra mantra to seek the help from the Lord to get their wishes fulfilled. This mantra is considered to be effective for the fulfillment of one's wishes.
The “Gayatri Shiva Mantra”
"Om Mahadevaya Vidmahe Rudramurtaye Dhimahi Tannah Shivah Prachodayat": Gayatri Shina Mantra is considered to be the most powerful mantra in itself. Chanting this mantra will help in seeking peace of mind and appease Lord Shiva.
The “Shiva Dhyaan Shiv Mantra”
"Karcharankritam Vaa Kaayjam Karmjam Vaa Shravannayanjam Vaa Maansam Vaa Paradham | Vihitam Vihitam Vaa Sarv Metat Kshamasva Jay Jay Karunaabdhe Shree Mahadev Shambho": This powerful mantra is chanted to pacify Lord Shiva and get away with all the sins. It is believed that chanting this mantra helps to purify one's soul and remove every sort of negativity from life.
The “Maha Mrityunjaya Shiv Mantra”
"Om Tryambakam Yajaamahe Sugandhim Pushtti-Vardhanam UrvaarukamIva Bandhanaan Mrtyor-Mukssiiya Maamrtaat": This mantra is chanted to seek Lord Shiva's blessings and to escape from the clutches of death and destruction. Though this mantra does not help us to escape death, it helps us to overcome the fear of death.
- The Importance of Chanting Vedic Mantras
- Powerful Mantras Based On Your Zodiac Signs
- Powerful Mantras To Chant On Makar Sankranti
- 10 Most Powerful Lakshmi Mantras
- Madhurashtakam: Dedicated To Lord Jagannath
- Kala Bhairava Ashtakam To Chant On Bhairav Ashtami
- Ashtavinayaka Mantras For Prosperity
- Vakratunda Ganesha Kavacham
- Garbharakshambika Mantras To Chant
- Narasimha Mantras To Chant On Narasimha Jayanti
- Maha Vishnu Mantras For Akshaya Tritiya
- Sri Maha Lakshmi Stotram For Akshaya Tritiya
- 20 Surprising Facts You Don’t Want To Miss Out About Astrology