Suffering from an unknown condition can be quite painful, especially when the doctors are clueless about your condition.
Here is one such example of a person who suffers from a rare condition that left him with a lion-face for over two decades before he was operated on.
Check out the details of the transformation of the 'lion-faced' man and how he looks after his surgery.
He Hails From India
Suresh hails from a village in Tamil Nadu, and he had developed the lion-face syndrome when he was just 18 years old. He is at peace now after he has been given a new lease on life by a plastic surgeon who rebuilt his face.
The doctor explained that he was suffering from a medical condition named ‘fibrous dysplasia'. It is a condition where the normal bone gets replaced with the connective tissues. Doctors further revealed that the lion face syndrome when left untreated, can even encroach the eyes, mouth and nose and it can also kill the person.
His Face Swelled
His condition had caused his face to swell to an abnormal size. The doctors reveal that such a syndrome could lead to loss of senses and eventually death. He had been living with his condition for over twenty years, as doctors were unable to treat him as they could not understand his condition.
He Got Treated After 20 Years
Finally, after 20 years of disappointment, Suresh has undergone a surgery to modify the large bones on his face that gave him the look of a lion. The doctors had to chip his bones and reconstruct his face.
His Transformation Has Been A Great Success
Suresh's life-changing operation is now considered a milestone achievement in the field of plastic surgery. It's a transformation like none other and is supposed to be a great success.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship