Chinese people are known for their weird appetite. From eating worms to relishing the crunchy bugs - they love it all. Food comes in any form for them.
You May Also Like To Read: 11 Unusual Non-edible Things Consumed By Humans
But do you know that Chinese people ate corpses that were dipped in honey! Sounds disgusting, right? But this is a fact that existed a few centuries back, when people consumed corpses dipped in honey for various health reasons.
So, check out these bizarre reasons on why people ate corpses that were dipped in honey for centuries...
Cannibalism Had A Different Reason Here…
According to the Chinese, cannibalism came in the form of eating mellified flesh for medicinal purposes. This was done with the elderly people who where on the verge of dying. The elders were asked to donate their bodies for scientific experiments.
The Idea Striked From An Arabic Recipe
The idea of mummifying the dead corpses popped up from an Arabic recipe, in which the scientists would turn dead bodies into medicine that would be relished by their descendants to alleviate ailments like broken bones.
The Process Of Mellification Started While The Person Was Alive!
The most bizarre part of mellification was that the process started while the person was still alive! The person had to give up on eating anything else apart from honey. This would speed up the death time, as the person became malnourished and would die early.
The Mellification Process…
Once the person died, the dead body was stored in a stone coffin that was filled with honey and the body was saved in it. Then, nature would be left to take its course. The coffin would be closed for almost a century.
The Honey Stores The Body
Since honey has preservative properties, it keeps the body intact and acts like an effective preservative. With the passing of years, the body would become a sugary glob, and the honey would become a sort of a confection!
It Was Used To Cure Ailments
Once the body was removed after a century, it would then be sold in the markets for high prices. It was used in the treatment of wounds and bone fractures. The bits of corpse dipped in honey would also be consumed orally, as a treatment for internal ailments!
We're glad however that this practice does not exist anymore! What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- These Are Zodiac Signs Which Are Manipulative
- List Of Zodiac Signs That Are Short Tempered
- Pick A Key And Know About Your Subconscious Personality
- Zodiac Signs That Will Take Your Secrets To The Grave
- These Are The Fears That Can Trouble One Based On The Zodiac Sign
- What Would You Want From A Soulmate, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Everything You Need To Know About The American Zodiac Signs
- People Of These Zodiac Signs Can Suffer From Depression!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Was Buried Alive In A Coffin For 11 Days!
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- These Are The Zodiac Signs That Women Are Attracted To
- Woman Posed As A Man & Married 2 Girls For The Sake Of Dowry!