Sometimes if we need to change things, we need to do something out of the box, that can have a great impact on others. This is when it makes a difference.
A woman from Hyderabad made her point noted by running in a marathon in a saree! Most of us find it difficult to wear a saree for an entire day and this lady made us realise that anything is possible if a woman decides...
Check out her inspirational story for which she decided to wear a saree and promote the Handloom business...
It Happened In India's 2nd Marathon!
India's second largest marathon, which was held in Hyderabad, had attracted over 20,000 runners from all over the country, who were all dressed in gear and raring to go.
She is Jayanthi Sampath Kumar who had drawn everyone's attention in the marathon when everybody focused on her even before she crossed the finish line because she ran the entire 42-kilometre stretch wearing a sari!
She Revealed Her Motive Behind The Act…
She said: "I want to promote handloom and encourage women. This is a statement of my support. I am a cyclist and ride very often, and notice a lot of plastic pollution happening around us." She further added that she is very keen to curb and oppose this. "For that, may be I should run in a saree made of plastic wrappers people throw."
Also Read: Child Who Has No Lips And Chin!
She Was Not Alone...
A 27-year-old, Uday Bhaskar Dandamudi also wished to be a part of the marathon in a similar manner. He was dressed in a dhoti and he had accompanied Jayanthi in her handloom journey.
When she was asked about making it to the Guinness Book of World Records... she said "I informed them about my attempt. I am waiting to submit the evidence, which will come in the form of the certificate that the event organisers will provide. Alongside this, I had a cycle marshal helping me take video and photographic evidence. My coach, Dr Vignan, was also there throughout lending great support. The condition is that I finish the marathon under five hours. I think I have managed to complete it in that time."
She Is A Source Of Inspiration…
Jayanthi is a source of inspiration for all women as she looked comfortable in her regular traditional saree and further said that she wished to run the marathon barefoot, but as the stones hurt her she was forced to opt for simple sandals to help her.
All Images Source: Reuters
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- These Are The Zodiac Signs That Women Are Attracted To
- Zodiac Signs That Can Rule Over You!
- These Are The 2 Of The Most Wisest Zodiac Signs Of All Times!
- These Are The Most Powerful Chakras That Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- 10 Feng Shui Tips For Happy Love Life
- Zodiac Signs That Can Never Be Fooled
- Most Scary Things About Your Zodiac Signs
- Find Out About Your Compatibility Based On Your Zodiac
- List Of The Most Dishonest Zodiac Signs
- Pictures That Prove Depression Has 'No Face'
- Google Doodle Celebrates Day 10 Of The Pyeongchang Winter Olympics