Sometimes if we need to change things, we need to do something out of the box, that can have a great impact on others. This is when it makes a difference.
A woman from Hyderabad made her point noted by running in a marathon in a saree! Most of us find it difficult to wear a saree for an entire day and this lady made us realise that anything is possible if a woman decides...
Check out her inspirational story for which she decided to wear a saree and promote the Handloom business...
It Happened In India's 2nd Marathon!
India's second largest marathon, which was held in Hyderabad, had attracted over 20,000 runners from all over the country, who were all dressed in gear and raring to go.
She is Jayanthi Sampath Kumar who had drawn everyone's attention in the marathon when everybody focused on her even before she crossed the finish line because she ran the entire 42-kilometre stretch wearing a sari!
She Revealed Her Motive Behind The Act…
She said: "I want to promote handloom and encourage women. This is a statement of my support. I am a cyclist and ride very often, and notice a lot of plastic pollution happening around us." She further added that she is very keen to curb and oppose this. "For that, may be I should run in a saree made of plastic wrappers people throw."
Also Read: Child Who Has No Lips And Chin!
She Was Not Alone...
A 27-year-old, Uday Bhaskar Dandamudi also wished to be a part of the marathon in a similar manner. He was dressed in a dhoti and he had accompanied Jayanthi in her handloom journey.
When she was asked about making it to the Guinness Book of World Records... she said "I informed them about my attempt. I am waiting to submit the evidence, which will come in the form of the certificate that the event organisers will provide. Alongside this, I had a cycle marshal helping me take video and photographic evidence. My coach, Dr Vignan, was also there throughout lending great support. The condition is that I finish the marathon under five hours. I think I have managed to complete it in that time."
She Is A Source Of Inspiration…
Jayanthi is a source of inspiration for all women as she looked comfortable in her regular traditional saree and further said that she wished to run the marathon barefoot, but as the stones hurt her she was forced to opt for simple sandals to help her.
All Images Source: Reuters
- Queen Sruthy Sithara Is All Set To Become The Country’s First Transgender IAS Officer
- Her Dad Is A Tea Seller, And Her Hard Work Earned Her A Scholarship Of 3.8 Cr
- How The Week Starting June 18th Will Be The Worst Week For These Zodiac Signs
- How The Week Starting June 18th Will Be The Best Week For These Zodiac Signs
- Weekly Horoscope Predictions For 18th-24th June, 2018
- This Is What Your Toes Say About Your Personality
- Woman Ends Up With An Eyebrow Pencil Stuck In Her Eye After The Car Crashes
- It’s Literally Raining Gemstones At Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Site!
- These Marks On The Palm Can Reveal A Lot About You; Read On!
- June 13th: How Mercury & Uranus Will Create A Major Change In Love Life Of Each Zodiac
- What Does The Letter “V” On Your Heart Line Reveal
- Love Is Not A Feeling Then What Is Love?