There is a famous saying by Abraham Lincoln which states: "Don''t believe everything you read on the Internet just because it has a picture and quote next to it!"
The saying goes well as most of the things that we see online need not have to be true. Here are examples of a few famous pictures of MK Gandhi that made people believe that these pictures were real.
The fact is that the pictures are the results of photo edits and also pictures of actors who are playing the role of him in the documentary movies...
Check them out...
Fake Picture Of Gandhi Dancing…
Though this picture looks so real, a closer look and a bit of detailing reveal that it was not MK Gandhi who is seen shaking his leg in the picture.
There are 2 giveaways in the picture:
A. The man's rather muscular arm.
B. The man's footwear is quite unlike Gandhi's.
Nathuram Godse Assassinating Mahatma Gandhi
This picture raises many brows as we wonder how could somebody capture such a clear picture in the chaos when Gandhi was killed. The actual picture was from the movie titled "Nine Hours to Rama" in which a German actor named Horst Buccholz played the role of Godse.
When Gandhi Was Seen Rubbing His Nose With A Foreign Woman…
This is nothing but a photoshopped picture! The way the picture has been edited makes us wonder if it can be true! But when you look at the actual real picture, you realise that it is Gandhi who is seen talking to Nehru and not a foreign woman!
Apart from these fake pictures, there are a few fake quotes of Gandhi as well...
Fake Quote #1
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" Though this sounds catchy and makes a lot of sense, it is not said by Mahatma Gandhi even though it is always attributed to him. There is no recorded instance of Gandhi saying this, but a close variant first appears in a 1918 US trade union address by Nicholas Klein.
Fake Quote #2
Interviewer: "What do you think of Western Civilization?" Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."
Again there is almost no evidence of Gandhi saying this. The earliest appearance of this quote was a good 20 years after his death, and that too only in the form of second hand information. It was mentioned in The Seattle Times newspaper that the exchange was mentioned in a television documentary on a major U.S. network. And after that it has been recirculated multiple times but there is no real conclusive evidence of Gandhi having said it.
- List Of Zodiac Signs That Are Short Tempered
- Pick A Key And Know About Your Subconscious Personality
- Zodiac Signs That Will Take Your Secrets To The Grave
- These Are The Fears That Can Trouble One Based On The Zodiac Sign
- What Would You Want From A Soulmate, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Everything You Need To Know About The American Zodiac Signs
- People Of These Zodiac Signs Can Suffer From Depression!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Was Buried Alive In A Coffin For 11 Days!
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- These Are The Zodiac Signs That Women Are Attracted To
- Zodiac Signs That Can Rule Over You!
- Google Celebrates Day 2 Of The Winter Olympics 2018 With A Doodle