Becoming a parent is not an easy task. It is something that both the parents need to accept and take it forward. While there are a few who accept parenthood in the best possible way, there are those too who are never ready to take the responsibility.
This leads to the women undergoing abortions, and trying on pills that would spoil the woman's health. But what happened to such cases in the past will completely scare you for life!
There have been some of the most scariest ways in which people have used abortion methods in the past. Check out the list, as it can simply creep you out.
Inserting Leeches In The Vagina
People in the past had this bizarre practice where the pregnant women were forced to put leeches inside their vagina, hoping it will damage the foetus. It was believed that the leeches would kill the foetus by drawing out blood or physically reaching and killing it. How creepy is that!
Inserting A Coat Hanger
This sounds scary but people in the past used these sharp, pointed objects to detach the foetus and cause abortion. The imagination itself can gross anyone out!!
Any Sharp Object
Anything which was long enough to enter the uterus was used as a means to detach the foetus. From using a whalebone to turkey feathers, everything was used in a desperate attempt to get rid of the unwanted pregnancy.
The Sharp Objects Improvised Over Years
From the turkey feathers to using surgical instruments, these methods improvised to a great extent. The scary instruments include urinary catheters, forceps and speculums as well!
The Soap Solution!
This was believed to be one of the most bizarre ways in which the doctors would carry out illegal abortions. They would insert an enema syringe filled with soap water solution into the vagina. It was believed that the syringe would do the damage and cause an abortion.
Toxic Plants In Cocktails
The elders in the family would use toxic local plants and infuse them into a cocktail and give it to the pregnant woman to consume it. The poisonous plants were supposed to be strong enough to kill the unborn foetus.
When Tampons Filled With Bizarre Things Were Inserted
Back then, people inserted tampons that were made with a mixture of crushed ants, camel hair or even the foam from camels' mouths! These weird tampons were then shoved into the vagina. Due to the higher intensity of poison, the mixture would obviously kill the foetus while also cause an infection.
Taking A Hot Shower
This was the most illogical thing that people followed back then. It was believed that taking a hot scalding bath to detach the foetus would help. They believed that the woman's vaginal mucus membranes would open and cause her body to reject the foetus naturally.
- Do You Know That Your Palm's Colour Says A Lot About Your Health & Fate?
- Her Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Have A Name Yet
- Unheard Phobias That Exist!
- 5 Lucky Signs On Your Palm That Reveal Life Secrets
- This Open Prison Allows Inmates To Live With Family And Go Out To Work!
- Man Who Eats 3 Kg Of Mud, Rocks And A Brick Every Day
- 5 L Petrol Was Gifted To This Newly Wed Couple
- He Has Half Of His Nose Cut Off And His Ears Removed To Look Like A Skull
- Doctors Invented A New Tool To Remove A 23-inch Dildo From A Man’s Rectum
- Humans And Birds Are Blind In This Village Of India
- Bizarre Case Of A Man Who Had A Horn Growing From His Penis!
- A Spider Was Found Living In A Pensioner’s Ear!