- Movies Golden Star Ganesh Doesn't Believe In Ghosts; 'I Have A Belief In Negative And Positive Energy'
- News Want to watch Tokyo Olympics? Get tickets at just Rs 43 lakhs!
- Technology How To Delete/Deactivate Telegram Account From Any Device
- Education NTA To Conduct IIFT MBA Admission Test 2020, Check Exam Schedule
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Have Crashed By 27% In 4 Days; Likely To Fall Further
- Sports Hardik Pandya walks the ramp in Lakme Fashion Week
- Automobiles Kia Seltos Twitter Hashtag On Launch Day Is A Hashflag, Not A Hashtag
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The shiva temples always have bigger gopurams (monumental tower) like Bruhadeshwara temple, Murudeshwara, Virupaksha, Rameshwaram, Nanjundeshwara and the list goes on. Though the temples are bruhat (biggest) the diety is small and is in the lingam form.
According to mythology, Shiva is worshiped in the form of a lingam but the tallest statues of shiva that we are referring are not lingams but statues that look magnificient from any corner of the temple. Take a look at the list.
Top 5 Tallest Shiva Statues Across World
At No:1: Kailashnath Mahadev – Ever since the 'The Immortals Of Meluha" became famous, the devotees of Shiva are thronging to take a glimpse of the Kailashnath Mahadev in Nepal. This is the tallest structure of the lord in standing pose. It is about 43.5 metres (143 ft). The colour of the statue is copper and the face is serene, pleasant and welcoming to the believers and travellers. The statue is located in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal.
2. Shiva Of Murudeshwara – The famous Shiva temple not only has the biggest monumental tower but also the statue. Shiva, here, is silver coloured and seated. His eyes are open and pleasant. The ornaments and jewels are gold coloured. The statue is situated in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka (south India) and is about 37m (122 ft).
3. Mangal Mahadev – The 33m tall statue is a must see for Shiva followers. Although the lord is always seen in the backdrop of himalayas, this statue is very unique. It stands tall in the hottest beach destination, Mauritius. The Ganga Talao lake in Mauritius look fabulous because of Shiva.
4. Shiva Of The Har-ki-Pauri – Situated in the highly sacred place of the Hindus (Haridwar), this statue is as high as 30.5 m. At the banks of Ganges, Shiva blesses devotees and those who are keen on doing badri yatra, take a glimpse of Shiva and continue their journey to Badri.
5. Shiva At Kemp Fort – Bangalore is not only famous of tall buildings but is also for the Shiva statue. The famous kemp fort shiva is the tallest and top 5 across world. Shiva is in the yoga pose and is too crowded on shivaratri. The gigantic structure is 20m.