- 2 hrs ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 5 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 18 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
The shiva temples always have bigger gopurams (monumental tower) like Bruhadeshwara temple, Murudeshwara, Virupaksha, Rameshwaram, Nanjundeshwara and the list goes on. Though the temples are bruhat (biggest) the diety is small and is in the lingam form.
According to mythology, Shiva is worshiped in the form of a lingam but the tallest statues of shiva that we are referring are not lingams but statues that look magnificient from any corner of the temple. Take a look at the list.
Top 5 Tallest Shiva Statues Across World
At No:1: Kailashnath Mahadev – Ever since the 'The Immortals Of Meluha" became famous, the devotees of Shiva are thronging to take a glimpse of the Kailashnath Mahadev in Nepal. This is the tallest structure of the lord in standing pose. It is about 43.5 metres (143 ft). The colour of the statue is copper and the face is serene, pleasant and welcoming to the believers and travellers. The statue is located in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal.
2. Shiva Of Murudeshwara – The famous Shiva temple not only has the biggest monumental tower but also the statue. Shiva, here, is silver coloured and seated. His eyes are open and pleasant. The ornaments and jewels are gold coloured. The statue is situated in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka (south India) and is about 37m (122 ft).
3. Mangal Mahadev – The 33m tall statue is a must see for Shiva followers. Although the lord is always seen in the backdrop of himalayas, this statue is very unique. It stands tall in the hottest beach destination, Mauritius. The Ganga Talao lake in Mauritius look fabulous because of Shiva.
4. Shiva Of The Har-ki-Pauri – Situated in the highly sacred place of the Hindus (Haridwar), this statue is as high as 30.5 m. At the banks of Ganges, Shiva blesses devotees and those who are keen on doing badri yatra, take a glimpse of Shiva and continue their journey to Badri.
5. Shiva At Kemp Fort – Bangalore is not only famous of tall buildings but is also for the Shiva statue. The famous kemp fort shiva is the tallest and top 5 across world. Shiva is in the yoga pose and is too crowded on shivaratri. The gigantic structure is 20m.