- 8 hrs ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 9 hrs ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 9 hrs ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 13 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- News Who is Elisabeth Borne? The new prime minister of France
- Sports RCB Playoff Chances 2022: Here's how Royal Challengers Bangalore can enter IPL 2022 knockouts
- Finance Stocks To Buy: These 3 Stocks Can Gain Upto 39% In 1 Year, Stable Volume Growth Reported
- Movies Shailesh Lodha Quits Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; Actor Is No Longer Shooting For The Show - Reports
- Education TANCET 2022 Result: Anna University To Announce Results In June Second Week. Check Dates And Other Details
- Automobiles CNG Price Hiked Again: Rs 2 Increased Per Kg
- Technology Vivo Y01 Launched As Brand’s Latest Entry-Level Phone: Features & Price
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
The summer season has dawned in India and so has the extreme heat and humidity. It is by the best time of the year to give your home a light and airy makeover by updating your ambiance. Use neutral colour tones and add indoor plants to help in providing freshness with good airflow in your apartment. From your favourite summer fabric collections to decorative mirrors and aromatic scents, make your apartment look spacious with good air circulation and comfort.
Given below are some of the best tips to uplift your apartment feel airy during summer.
1. Use Summer Colour Tones
Dark colours absorb more heat, hence it is recommended to opt for neutral or pastel colour schemes that reflect light. Beige, white, and gray are perfect colours for the summer months. If you are looking for a playful time, go for bright blues, tangerines, mild yellow, and lime greens via cushions and curtains. You can also opt for floral printed bedspreads and vibrant floor rugs to bring liveliness to your home décor.
2. Add Fresh Green Plants
Apart from acting as a décor element, indoor plants help to purify the airflow and moderate the home temperature. Indoor plants help to create a physical, mental, and emotional connection with the space by providing a calming effect that they spread through fresh fragrances. Choose plants that are easy to maintain indoors during summers like Hibiscus and sunflowers. Plants like Peace Lily, Snake plant, and succulents require a quick weekly watering and ample amount of sunlight to bloom with ease.
3. Change the Drapes
Open up the doors and windows to allow natural light and ventilation. Hang breezy curtains on the windows or balcony door to allow a good flow of air in the apartment. Warmer weather calls for lighter window treatments, so take down the heavy drapes and replace them with summer fabrics. Sheer curtains provide you with light and air circulation by adding privacy. You can also opt for a bamboo shade that acts as a natural element by preventing the direct afternoon sun.
4. Declutter Your Home
Summers are stuffy and hot, space out our room by pushing out your bulky furniture pieces against the wall. Rearranging your furniture is an affordable way to get your home summer-ready, by allowing ample breathing space. Get rid of extra pillows, accents, and decorative items to create a spacious atmosphere. Instead of thick beddings use linen bed sheets. Replace your wall-to-wall carpet with area rugs made of cotton or bamboo to make your home appealing during summer times.
5. Optimise the Use of Mirrors
Mirrors reflect both natural and artificial light to make your room appear brighter and airy. Use mirrors in your apartment to create an illusion of space. Strategically placed mirrors can make your room look spacious by allowing a good air circulation to enter the room. Choose the shape that fits well in your space, from round, square, full-length, or small-size mirrors. Place your mirror on the opposite or beside your window to increase the amount of light and airflow in the room.
6. Add Summer Scents
Adding natural scents in your home, helps to stimulate your senses by keeping the space light and airy. Open your home windows and doors to invite in a fresh breeze with tropical and citrusy scents. Brighten up your mood with aromatic candles and scented oils to purify the airflow in the room. You must opt for fresh and light scents with rustic wooden reeds that help to create a relaxing summer vibe.
- hair care5 Hair Care Habits You Need To Stop This Summer And What To Do Instead
- wellnessHeat Wave In India: Can Summer Heat Negatively Impact Mental Health?
- gardeningRoses, Bougainvillea, Hibiscus - 5 Best Flowering Plants For Summer Home Décor
- recipesMango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness13 Expert Tips For Beating The Heat Wave (Without An AC); How To Make DIY AC
- gardening7 Humidity Absorbing Indoor Plants To Beat the Summer Heat
- wellnessBenefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- nutritionDo Mango Peels Have Health Benefits?
- recipesBest Soup For Summer: How To Prepare Sweet And Savory Watermelon Gazpacho
- kidsHealthy Summer Foods For Kids, To Keep 'Em Healthy And Hydrated (Over 4 Years Old)
- skin careBest Hair Oils For Men In Summer: Oils For Different Hair Types