- 9 hrs ago Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- 9 hrs ago 5 Chic Hairstyles To Disguise Greasy Hair
- 11 hrs ago Dia Mirza Looks Radiant In Her Pink And Golden Colour-Blocked Silk Sari
- 11 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor's Ruffled Dress Will Absolutely Drive All Your Blues Away
- Technology Best 6GB RAM Smartphones To Buy Under Rs 12,000
- Movies Celebs Rave About Taapsee Pannu-Starrer Thappad; Rajkummar Rao Calls It A ‘Must Watch’
- News Delhi violence: Volunteers bring much-needed food, medicines to riot-affected
- Sports ICC T20 Rankings: Rahul remains number two batsman in T20s, Kohli static at ninth spot
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Automobiles New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
From Mahashivaratri, it is the sun that rules the upcoming season and the wind is no longer cool or humid but, is dusty and dry.
Ways To Maintain Your Home Cool During Summer
1. If you have a balcony that facing east or west, make the best of it. Have big potted plants such as croton, ferns or climber plants that will absorb all the heat and maintain your walls cool. Climbers are best plants to grow during summer (eg money plants, bougainvillea).
2. If you have an open terrace, apply a coat of white cement over the cement base. White cement contains chalk and clay kaolin which absorbs water and retains for a longer period resulting in a cool ceiling. Add a mug of water during and night to keep the ceiling cool. You can also grow climber plants or lawn in the area (terrace gardening).
3. Marble is the best flooring for summer as it is always cool and doesn't absorb heat as much as the other tiles. The cane curtains provide better protection from sun than fabric curtains. You can however prefer dark coloured curtains (thin cotton curtains) to prevent internal heating.
4. Indoor gardening will also soothe your eyes in the hot weather. You can have cactus (if you have water problems) or good ferns, ikebana for indoor. Bamboos always keep home very cool.
5. Prefer dark coloured wall paints for the interiors as this absorbs light and heat. Certain colours like clay brown, dark grey or bottle green feel as cool as natural air conditioners.
6. Prevent mirrors, crystals and glass in the sunny areas as they reflect and add to heat. Having meal in fresh banana leaves is organic and healthy for the hot season. Avoid eating in plastic and iron utensils.
7. Wear light coloured clothes as it reflects heat and keeps you cool. Avoid anything in colour black. Cold water bath keep your body and mind fresh. Prefer sleeping on mats rather than mattresses.
To maintain your home cool, it is very important for you to keep your own body and mind cool. These tips will certainly bring peace to your lifestyle and summer home.