- 6 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 9 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 10 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 10 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Follow these tips to grow pop corn in your own little garden:-
- You will have to purchase the corn kernels which is available at any grocery store. Make sure that you buy them when they are fresh as it is of no use to you when they are dry.
- You will need to wet a paper towel under running water, place the kernels in the moisturized paper towel and fold it neatly so that it fits into a zip lock bag, these kernels have to be in two numbers as they have to pollinate with each other.
- Place the zip lock bag in an area such as the kitchen where it receives in direct sunlight.
- After a wait of two to three days , you will notice leaves and tiny roots popping up.
- Place the roots directly in fertile soil or in a pot.
- You have to always keep in mind to water the plant on a regular basis especially during the corn production as this soil shouldn't be dry or the corn will be deformed.
- After a few days the ears of the corn will begin to grow, once they bare formed allow them to dry on the stalks as much as possible and wait until the husks turn brown.
- Now take the ears for completely drying and once they are , twist the kernels off the ear.
When you grow pop corn in your garden , you have to be ready for uncertain situations, but you can always prevent it from happening, some of the warnings are that:-
- Some of the kernels will not sprout.
- Try to get rid of pests , as all pest love the taste of corn, like you and me.
- The kernels you buy from the store are used for popping and are not mainly used to be treated against diseases.
Your wait is over , pop corn is now ready to pop in your mouth. Eat and enjoy the taste of your own hand made pop corn.