- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 13 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 15 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- News Mother beaten to death by daughter's alleged molesters
- Finance Markets May Trend Higher In The Coming Week
- Sports Mourinho hits out at Conte as Inter chase Eriksen
- Technology Blaupunkt Launches BTW Pro Truly Wireless Earbuds For Rs. 6,999 In India
- Movies Sarileru Neekevvaru Day 7 Box Office Collections: First Telugu Film To Cross 100 Crore In 2020!
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Here are some common house plants and the conditions required for growth:
Tulsi plant is the most common plant among the Hindu houses. It is not only known for its medicinal qualities and also considered sacred by the Hindus.
Referred as the Queen of the Herbs, the list of benefits of the Tulsi plant is endless. This herb is used in India for more than five thousand years. It is useful in preventing cold, treating cough, infections and all types of skin problems. Eating one Tulsi leaf a day, is a common practice. It is one of the best anti-oxidants and boosts the immune system too.
The best season for growing Tulsi plant is from April to June. It is an outdoor plant and should be exposed to moderate sunlight. Not much special care is needed for this plant. Regular watering and sunlight is enough for it to grow.
Mother fern, a tropical fern is an indoor plant which flourishes in the shady humid atmosphere. A Mother Fern plant can grow up to 2 feet in height. It required wet soil but not too much water. For this variety make sure to use a pot with a hole, so that all extra water can drain out, leaving a wet soil. The plant required humidity up to 35 per cent.
If cared well, Mother Fern grows well. When it outgrows the size of the pot, re-plant it in a bigger one and keep it in the corner of your drawing room, or near the staircase. It adds to the decor of the room.
Aloe Vera is a short stemmed, succulent variety of plant. It is an outdoor plant and needs bright sunlight to grow. It should be placed where it gets direct sunlight. It grows well in hot and dry climate. They prefer low humidity.
Aloe Vera is also called Desert Lillies and exist in more than 200 varieties. It has long spikes leaves that are thick skinned. Each strand of leaves contain a clear gel inside. You can split open the leaves and apply the gel on any skin related problem. It is known for its medicinal properties. It is very good for treating first degree burns.
The Aloe Vera gel is also used in many cosmetic products like skin lotions, moisturizers and burn gels. It contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids and other healing properties.
The plant can be grown by planting one stem. The stem, in the right temperature and water supply will grow into a plant.
Chinese Evergreen plant (scientific name: Algaonema) is a popular ornamental house plant. It is one of the easiest house plant to grow. These plants can tolerate a wide range of light and water. It is highly resistant to pests too.
It is also known as the Silver Queen or Emerald Beauty that usually finds its place in the corner of your living room.
Though the Chinese Evergreen plant can tolerate a wide range of temperature (that is between 10 – 45 degree Celsius) indirect sunlight is preferred. It is the best choice for low light areas. The pot in which it is planted, should be kept moist but not soggy. Once planted it can survive for years.