- 2 hrs ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 2 hrs ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 3 hrs ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 6 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- Finance Adani Offers, To Acquire 26% Of Ambuja Cements And ACC From Open Market
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Sony Xperia 1 IV, Galaxy A53 5G, Google Pixel 6a, And More
- Sports IBA Women's World Boxing Championships: Nikhat, Manisha cruise into semis, confirm medals for India
- Movies Adivi Sesh Celebrates The Trailer Launch Of His Film Major In Hyderabad With 10,000 College Students
- News PM Modi to launch 5G testbed tomorrow
- Education SSC CHSLE Tier 2 Result 2020 Declared, Download DEST/Typing Test Qualified Candidates List On ssc.nic.in
- Automobiles BGauss D15 Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 99,999
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year. Mother's Day 2022 falls on 8 May. The day honours motherhood and maternal binds, celebrating mothers' role in society. It is believed that the modern Mother's Day celebration first began in the US and was founded by Anna Jarvis.
Today, we will help you figure out the best way to let your mum know how special she is and how you want to celebrate her. There is already a deluge of articles with the list of things to do with your mother on mother's day, so you might be thinking about what makes this article a tad bit special - well, lemme explain it here.
While you have a wide array of articles to choose from, this article, instead of simply mentioning the healthy activities, also explains why these activities can benefit your mother and yourself. In addition to that, Boldsky spoke to Dr Arya Krishnan, NHS UK, to double-check the facts. So, read on.
Healthy Activities To Do With Your Mom
1. Sign up for health-oriented cooking classes
In terms of appearance and health, food plays an enormous role. We all love a bag of chips, but how about making something together where you can see and taste everything that goes into it? Furthermore, preparing a dish with the assistance of a chef is sure to be delicious! So, this Mother's Day, ask your mom if she would be interested in joining a cooking class with you.
Scientific proof: Cooking can be a way for people to feel connected to other people by performing an act for and with them. Studies have shown that performing acts such as cooking, especially when you're cooking with someone, boosts confidence and self-esteem tremendously . In addition, it lends itself to the psychological effects of being able to accomplish something you feel proud of .
2. Take a walk
You can't beat walking side by side with your mother, enjoying the views and the outside world. Take a walk around your neighbourhood, on a beach, or around a lake. Watch the sunrise together. Enjoy the quiet time with your special lady while burning calories.
Scientific proof: You can energise yourself and improve your health by walking every day. Walking in the morning and building a routine around it can benefit your physical and mental health. Several studies suggest that a brisk walk for one hour can increase your life expectancy by two hours .
3. Take a group fitness class together
Together, you can spruce up your health quotient by taking a fitness class. Some people are intimidated by group fitness classes, so choose an activity that you and your mom are comfortable doing. For example, you can take a yoga class or a group Pilates class.
Scientific proof: Studies indicate that by exercising together, you will help each other become stronger and more responsible, but you will also build trust .
4. Work out in your living room
If your Mumma darling is something of an introvert, you don't have to drag her out of her comfort zone to have some quality time together but instead bring the fun to her. Exercise can be challenging, but it is not impossible, and both you and your mom deserve to be healthy. So let's take care of your body together before Mother's Day. You can choose from endless workouts online that aren't intimidating and are quite enjoyable!
Scientific proof: It doesn't matter what your fitness level, exercise history, or at-home equipment set-up looks like; home workouts can help you achieve specific exercise goals (like improving strength or boosting cardiovascular fitness) and can also improve your health in general .
5. Give her your time
The most important gift you can give to your mother is time. Despite her request not to bother her, stay with her. Help and support her in whatever way you can.
Scientific proof: The benefits of spending time with family are crucial elements of a full, meaningful existence. It has been scientifically proven to improve mental health, boost confidence, and reduce stress .
On A Final Note...
On this Mother's Day, cherish, honour and celebrate the wonder woman of your life!
- womenMother's Day 2022: Best Beautiful Quotes For Mother From Daughter
- parents and childrenMother's Day Gifting Ideas As Per Your Mom's Zodiac Sign - Expert Suggestions
- basicsMother's Day 2022: How Does Motherhood Affect A Woman's Life, Emotionally And Physically?
- womenMother's Day 2022: 10 Best Thoughtful And Fun Ideas To Make This Day Special For Your Mom
- kidsMother's Day 2022: Advice Mothers Must Give Their Daughters About Sexual Health
- bollywood wardrobeMother’s Day: Neena Gupta And Masaba Gupta’s Stylish Trackee Set Picture Is Winning The Internet
- parents and childrenMother’s Day: 7 Reasons Why Mothers Are So Special
- body careMother’s Day Special: 16 Easy And Effective Beauty Tips For Busy Moms
- fashion trendsMother’s Day Gifts: 7 Thoughtful Fashion Pieces Your Mom Will Love
- postnatalMother’s Day 2022: Common Health Issues Affecting New Mothers
- lifeMother’s Day 2022: History And Significance Of This Day That Celebrates Motherhood
- nutritionMother’s Day 2022: Top 10 Health Tips For Busy Moms