- 6 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 11 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 15 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 16 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Delhi turns into battleground over citizenship law protest, 4 buses torched, 6 cops injured
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Kamya Punjabi Slams Contestant Madhurima Tuli For Insulting Transgender Community
- Sports Juventus 3-1 Udinese: Ronaldo stars alongside Dybala and Higuain in comfortable win
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Chromotherapy, also called colour light therapy, is a type of therapy that uses colours to adjust body vibrations to harmonize with the frequencies of these colours to help balance the body's energy and promote physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing  . It is an ancient healing method that was prevalent in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Each colour that is used in chromotherapy has frequencies of a specific vibration and each vibration can heal your body in many ways  . These colours include the following:
Red - This colour is believed to increase blood pressure and support circulatory and nerve functions.
Green - This colour is believed to bring harmony that provides a positive calming effect on the body.
Pink - It removes impurities in the bloodstream and strengthens the veins and arteries.
Yellow - The brightest colour used in chromotherapy, yellow is used to strengthen the nervous system, aid in digestion, purify the skin, and assist metabolic function.
Orange - It helps in reducing asthma and bronchitis.
Violet - This colour soothes and relaxes the muscles and is often used to treat urinary disorders and psychosis.
Blue - It encourages calmness and relaxation and has a soothing effect on headache, stomach pain, muscle cramps, liver disorders, cold, migraine, stress and rheumatism.
Indigo - This colour has a calming and sedative effect on the body and is used to treat conditions related to the eyes, ears and nose.
Health Benefits Of Chromotherapy
1. Reduces pain and inflammation
The colour yellow has been used to treat pain and inflammation and help soothe the area, according to a study  . This further helps in healing and reverse the irritation and pain caused by inflammation.
2. Improves joint flexibility
Chromotherapy can help relax the muscles and lubricate the joints associated with ailments related to rheumatoid arthritis. As a result, it improves flexibility in the joints and prevents injury  .
3. Lowers muscle tension
If you have tight and tensed muscles, colour light therapy will aid in eliminating muscle tension and pain. It lowers stress in the blood vessels, which results in increased blood flow to the muscles, thereby reducing muscle tension and pain  .
4. Regulates mood
Chromotherapy can help people sleep better and regulate their mood. According to a research study, pink colour has a calming effect on the mind and suppresses stress, tension and aggressiveness  .
5. Relieves the symptoms of SAD
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs when there is a change in seasons. It typically starts during the winter months. Chromotherapy can help address seasonal affective disorder and its related side effects, according to a study  .
6. Boosts skin health
According to a study, chromotherapy has anti-ageing benefits on the skin. It works by cleansing and rejuvenating the skin, removing wrinkles, energizes skin cells and reinvigorates inactive skin cells  .
How Chromotherapy Works
The therapy starts by diagnosing the underlying cause of the physical or mental problem. Then the therapist will ask you your favourite colours and based on that the treatment will start. The therapist will also help you understand the importance of colours and how they can impact your health largely.
Chromotherapy is a safe and effective treatment that aids in building awareness and helps people understand the need for colours in their daily lives. This therapy naturally heals the body, and enables overall well-being.
-  Azeemi, S. T., & Raza, S. M. (2005). A critical analysis of chromotherapy and its scientific evolution.Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM,2(4), 481-488.
-  Graham, H. (1998).Discover color therapy. Ulysses Press.
-  Sembian, N., & Aathi, M. K. (2015). Chromo Therapy: Healing Power Of Colors.i-Manager's Journal on Nursing,5(4), 6.
-  Radeljak, S., Žarković-Palijan, T., Kovačević, D., & Kovač, M. (2008). Chromotherapy in the regulation of neurohormonal balance in human brain-complementary application in modern psychiatric treatment.Collegium antropologicum,32(2), 185-188.
-  Ella, S., & Rave, H. (2004).U.S. Patent Application No. 10/763,230.