- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 19 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 16 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 16 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- Movies Viruman Day 7 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Karthi's Mass Film Comfortably Enters Second Week!
- News Suspect in Salman Rushdie's stabbing pleads not guilty to attempted murder and assault
- Sports US Open Prize Money 2022: Breakdown of the Singles and Doubles tournament prize money
- Finance Google Workers, Demand Abortion Protections, Data Privacy
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Technology Janet Jackson’s Hit Song Could Destroy Laptops, Reveals Microsoft Engineer
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
An expert panel of India's central drug authority on Friday recommended granting emergency use authorisation to Serum Institute's Covovax for children aged 7 to 11 years, official sources said.
The recommendation has been sent to Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for final approval.
The application for emergency use authorisation was submitted by Prakash Kumar Singh, director (government and regulatory affairs) at Serum Institute of India (SII) on March 16.
"The Subject Expert Committee (SEC) on COVID-19 of the CDSCO deliberated on the EUA application of SII and recommended granting emergency use authorisation for Covovax for children aged 7 to 11 years," an official source said.
The expert panel in its last meeting in April had sought more data from the Pune-based firm over the application.
The DCGI had approved Covovax for restricted use in emergency situations in adults on December 28 and in the 12 to 17 years age group subject to certain conditions on March 9.
The country began inoculating children aged 12-14 on March 16.
The countrywide vaccination drive was rolled out on January 16 last year with healthcare workers getting inoculated in the first phase. Vaccination of frontline workers started from February 2 last year.
The next phase of COVID-19 vaccination commenced on March 1 last year for people over 60 years of age and those aged 45 and above with specified co-morbid conditions.
India launched vaccination for all people aged more than 45 years from April 1 last year. The government then decided to expand its vaccination drive by allowing everyone above 18 years of age to be inoculated against the viral disease from May 1 last year.
The next phase of vaccination commenced from January 3 for adolescents in the age group of 15-18 years.
India began administering precaution doses of vaccines to healthcare and frontline workers and those aged 60 and above with comorbidities from January 10. Precaution dose of COVID-19 vaccines for all aged above 18 years began at private vaccination centres from April 10.
- kidsDCGI Panel To Review On Friday SII Applications For Covovax’s Use Among Kids Aged 2-7 Yrs, 7-11 Yrs
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India
- kidsSerum Institute Seeks Covovax's Inclusion In Covid Vaccination Drive For 12 Years And Over
- wellnessDCGI Grants Emergency Use Authorisation To Covovax For 12-17 Years Age Group; Younger Age Groups To Follow
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Permission For Phase-3 Trial Of Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- wellnessSII Seeks Permission For Phase-3 Study Of Covid Vaccine Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- healthIndia-US Healthcare Collaboration In Spotlight As India Approves Two More Covid-19 Vaccines
- healthCovovax Better Booster For Covishield-Vaccinated People: Dr Shahid Jameel, Virologist
- wellnessCovovax: Everything You Need To Know About The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For India
- healthCovovax Approval To Strengthen Immunisation Efforts In India, Lower & Middle-Income Countries: SII
- healthPanel Recommends EUA For Covid-19 Vaccines Covovax, Corbevax And Anti-Covid Pill Molnupiravir
- healthSerum Institute CEO Hails WHO's Approval Of Covovax For Emergency Use