- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 11 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 11 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Did you know that people all around the world drink a total of 2.25 billion cups of coffee per day? This shows how much people enjoy having their daily cup of joe. Coffee is so popular around the globe that it is one of the world's most widely consumed beverages.
For millions of people, the best way to start a day is with a warm cup of coffee. Coffee has its own invigorating aroma, reviving taste, distinctive flavour and it is good for your health too.
Coffee is made in a variety of ways such as espresso, decaf, French press, cappuccino, café latte, etc. Coffee is slightly acidic due to the cocoa beans and has a stimulating effect on people because of its caffeine content.
If you're a lover of coffee and can't do without it, here are 13 surprising facts on coffee you might have not known of before.
1. Coffee Can Reduce Inflammation
Coffee contains a chemical compound called polyphenols that can help reduce inflammation in the body. It will make it easier for you to enjoy your big meal without feeling bloated. The next time when you are dining out, enjoy a cup of coffee after your meal.
2. A Fantastic Antioxidant
New research has shown that coffee is a rich source of antioxidants and consuming it daily would increase your antioxidant intake. One cup of coffee is known to have more antioxidants that can reduce your risk from a wide range of diseases.
3. Helps You Wake Up Refreshed
Waking up early morning is difficult, so the first thing to do is drink a cup of coffee after your breakfast. The caffeine content in coffee will keep you alert and awake. The next time if you are having difficulty in waking up, just grab yourself a cup of coffee.
4. The Aroma Can Relax You
Those who love coffee will know this better that the aroma of coffee is scintillating. The smell of coffee relaxes your body and de-stresses you. The aroma wakes you up and improves attention as well. It is no wonder why adults love their coffee so much!
5. Increases Blood Circulation
Going for a walk daily is known to improve blood circulation. But, did you know that coffee also has the ability to improve your blood circulation? If you are looking for reasons to drink a cup of coffee, look no further, it can improve the circulation of blood in the body.
6. Enhances Your Physical Performance
Research has shown that caffeine plays a major role in providing energy for better physical performance. Coffee could help athletes perform better at endurance exercises for short and long durations. It can reduce post-workout muscle pain and feelings of fatigue.
7. Zero Calories
If you are worried about consuming extra calories and carbohydrates, then you should know that coffee is very low in fat. Whether you are drinking regular coffee at home or outside, it consists of zero calories almost. A filtered coffee contains about 0.6 percent of fat, while black coffee is low in fat.
8. Reduces Headaches
According to a research, a cup of coffee could help relieve migraine symptoms and even stop it if consumed at the onset of a headache. It is because substances that dilate blood vessels cause vascular headaches and caffeine helps to counter the painful effects of blood vessel dilation in your head.
9. It May Improve Cognitive Strength
Maintain a strong mind by drinking a cup of coffee. It will help to improve your memory skills and reduce your chances of getting neurodegenerative diseases. If you often suffer from short-term memory loss, drink a cup of coffee.
10. It Can Boost Your Metabolism
If you are looking to boost your metabolism, sip a cup of coffee. It gives a little extra-kick to give you energy throughout the day. It can also boost your metabolism by 3-11 percent if you drink coffee regularly.
11. Coffee Protects Your Skin
The skin is constantly exposed to harmful external factors such as UV rays, which can affect your skin cells and cause cell damage. Coffee being rich in antioxidants can help fight your skin from the damaging effects of the sun and prevent wrinkles as well.
12. Coffee Is Full Of Nutrients
Coffee offers a variety of health benefits and it is packed with vitamins. It consists of vitamin B2, which boosts your metabolism and provides energy. Vitamin B5 helps relieve stress and improves the heart and skin health.
13. It Improves Mood
The caffeine content in coffee is very helpful because it can help stimulate the central nervous system and increase the creation of neurotransmitters in the body. The neurotransmitters are serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline, all of which can help improve your mood.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.