- 52 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Job-related stress can wreck your nerves, give you sleepless nights, give rise to health issues like heart disease and depression.
Chronic job strain can put both your physical and emotional health at risk. Finding the source of your stress is very important in order to combat it. There are certain specific work situations that can turn up your stress levels.
Having a set of rotten co-workers or a cruel boss can not only affect your career but also your health. A work environment that is filled with insults, back-stabbing, etc., can wane off a person's morale.
Experts point out that negative work relationship can cause a lot of stress and our bodies react in a dangerous way to these work-related stress issues.
Getting trapped in a workplace that does not go well with your health can increase your risk of coronary heart disease.
Your workplace needs to feel meaningful to you; and if you feel that you're not being respected there, then it can drastically increase your risk of heart disease.
Being a part of the workplace and inclusiveness is a buffer to the health effects of stress on the body.
In this article, we have mentioned to you some of the kinds of work-related stress types that can affect health. Read further to know the causes of workplace stress and the physical effects of stress on health.
1. Being Overworked:
If you're busy from the time you get to work, until the time you leave your workplace, then this is a negative sign of health effects of stress. Types of job where you have huge workload, but have very less control over your work, can lead to psychological strain. Finding ways to get more involved in the decision-making process will help ease the stress. This is one of the work-related factors that causes stress.
2. Being The Frustrated Go-Getter:
When you work day and night and don't get enough credit or compensation, then this is enough to stress you out. This indicates that it's time you left that job to protect your health.
3. Being The Castaway:
When you don't have a shoulder to lean on in office or a trusted ally or a boss who would listen to your plea, then this can take a toll on your health as well. A good support system with ample communication with the colleagues will help ease this stress type. This is one kind of work stress that can affect your health.
4. Being The Doormat:
When you have to deal with a verbally abusive environment and simultaneously maintain a professional cult, then this can stress you out too. You need to get help in being properly trained to deal with difficult situations or customers.
5. Being Imprisoned To Technology:
You're provided with laptops and phones by your company and this means you're constantly available to them. This can come in the way of your personal life and also mount your stress.
If you are physically and emotionally exhausted to the point where it's difficult to function anymore, then you might experience a breakdown. This burnout can usually occur in highly stressful desk-bound jobs.
7. Being The Bully Target:
Being insulted by the boss, given impossible deadlines and put down in front of other employees can mean a lot of work-related stressed, which is not good for your body. This is more than enough to let go of such a job! Being a bully target is one of the top causes of workplace stress.
8. Wrongly Victimized:
Working in an unfair and non-transparent workplace can affect you big time. Not having proper organizational justice can produce stressed out employees. This is also one of the top reasons of being under the workplace stress.