- 16 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 17 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 18 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- News Heart filled with grief: Sonia Gandhi's emotional letter to Dikshit's son
- Movies #NotMyDeepika Trends Urging Deepika Padukone To Not Work With MeToo Accused Luv Ranjan
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
symptoms of cyst on wrist, causes for bump on wrist, symptoms of ganglion on wrist, bump on wrist, hard lump on wrist feels like bone, causes for lump on wrist, causes of small lump on wrist,
Have you noticed these lesions or bumps that appear on the palms, wrists or fingers? We usually tend to blame it on an injury, an insect bite or work-related blisters.
But did you know that this bump can actually indicate a serious health problem?
You need to treat this issue with the utmost seriousness at the earliest!
According to medical science, this cyst is called hygroma or ganglion cyst on the wrist. This is a benign formation that takes the shape of a capsule or a cyst.
These bumps are not just a blemish for your appearance and can sometimes pose a real threat for your well-being.
Most often, the bump appears on the wrist and can either feel taut or soft to touch. It can also develop in spots on the surface of the palm, in the centre or close to the thumb; Also on the inner surface of the fingers, in the region of the phalanx or the knuckle.
In this article we have listed some of the symptoms of having a cyst on the wrist. Read further to know about the symptoms of ganglion on the wrist.
Symptoms Of Ganglion On Wrist
1. Movement Difficulties:
You will experience joint movement difficulties when flexing the fingers or the wrist. This is one of the causes for bumps on the wrist.
2. Skin Peel:
The skin on the bump turns red and begins to peel off. This is another symptom of ganglion on the wrist.
3. Aching Pain:
You will also experience a dull aching pain due to irritation in the surrounding tissues.
4. Skin Sensitivity:
There will be a feeling of increased or decreased skin sensitivity. This is caused as the growing cyst puts pressure on the blood vessels and nerve endings. This is one of the top symptoms of having a cyst on the wrist.
You must never postpone a visit to the doctor when you get a cyst on the wrist, although, there is no risk of this cyst developing into a malignant tumour. While diagnosing hygroma, it does not present any difficulties but it depends on the nature of the symptoms.
You need to consult a surgeon or podiatrist, who can determine the cause of the disease, and take steps towards receiving treatment.